Registering deLorme Inreach SE with SSA

Old July 8th 14, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Registering deLorme Inreach SE with SSA

On Monday, July 7, 2014 8:43:40 PM UTC-7, wrote:
When you update your tracker information on the SSA website it will typically be reflected on the tracking page in a week or so.

If you go to glideport.aero and update your tracker info in the Settings - Tracking page, the update is immediate. You also get an error message if the url is incorrect, e.g., if you mistype it.

Better yet, if you have an iPhone, download the GlideTrack app and use it as your mobile tracker. When you do that, you will get a "hi-def" track with an amazing flight analysis and visualization. And it's free!

Cheers. Pedja

So I remain confused. Is it enough to register the inReach tracking url on SSA.org, or must I also have an account and register it on glide port.aero?

Second, if you use the Glide Track app, what is the effect on battery life on the iPhone, what is the effect on other apps running concurrently (like iGlide), and does it need continuous cell tower coverage to track?
Old July 8th 14, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, July 7, 2014 10:47:02 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
[...]

OK I just checked again on ssa.org and now my track is there. It just took awhile, about a week as mentioned above. Still interested in the answers to the Glide Track app.
Old July 8th 14, 08:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you enter your tracker on SSA.org, you do not need to register on glideport.aero. However, if you do register, once logged in you get a lot more functionality, e.g., from simple things like updating your tracker and that taking effect immediately, uploading your photo, subscribing to "follow" your buddies so that you get an email notification when they fly, all the way to uploading your IGC files and seeing them in hi-def.

The GlideTrack app description in the app store contains instructions how to get going. The effect on battery life would be minimal if you already run other apps. GlideTrack does not need continuous cell phone coverage, it assumes the cell coverage is poor and it is designed to be tolerant to it. For more info about GlideTrack see https://github.com/glideport/GlideTrack

Pedja
Old July 9th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Monday, July 7, 2014 8:32:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, July 7, 2014 5:37:28 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:

I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page,

It may depend on what type of plan you have for the inReach. If you have not registered it with GlidePort, then you will need to go to GlidePort, http://glideport.aero , and register by creating a login and following the directions to enter your inReach share page url in the tracking devices list under the settings tab.

If you have an enterprise or aviation account, then it's a bit more complex. Go to the blog found at: http://glideport.aero/blog and scroll down to the entry dated 2013-04-17. Follow the step by step directions there. This requires going into your explore delorme account and configuring some settings under the "Settings" tab. While you are in your account, go to the "devices" tab and be sure you have "assigned" yourself to your device even though you may be the only one on your account. Just hit the assign box and you will get a drop down menu from which to select your device or email that you sign in with. That should do it. If it doesn't, try re-entering the ir_push url in your glideport account tracking devices and perhaps adding your mapshare url in one of the other device slots.

WD

Well that did it - SSA could make our lives a LITTLE easier by having these instructions on their web site, because it is hardly intuitive!

I had tried (unsuccessfully) to register with GP earlier, but didn't notice that the activation email was going to my junk folder.

Thanks!

Tom
Old July 9th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

For instructions on SSA website look under SSA Governance - Volunteer Committees - Sailplane Tracking. Look in left margin under persistent links.

Lane
Sailplane Tracking Committee Chair - SSA
Old July 9th 14, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sorry, look under right margin.

Lane
Old July 16th 14, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy

On Monday, July 7, 2014 3:37:28 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Tom
Go into the Delorme "MAP SHARE" page.
Make sure MAP SHARE red button is ON
COPY the URL right there and this is the one you PASTE into the SSA site.

You need the URL with your name attached at the end of it.

I screwed up by trying to copy and paste the General map share URL

Good Luck
Nick

Delorme inReach Rebate? Dan[_6_] Soaring 5 June 10th 14 04:16 AM
Delorme InReach Explorer [email protected] Soaring 11 April 21st 14 07:48 AM
DeLorme InReach info Sean F (F2) Soaring 2 July 12th 13 03:17 PM
DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 08:26 PM
Any user reports on Delorme Inreach? Steve Koerner Soaring 8 March 16th 12 07:51 PM