2-33 Wing Needed

Old September 3rd 13, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2-33 Wing Needed

We are looking for a right 2-33 wing in good shape. Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, John
Old September 4th 13, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:38:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:
We are looking for a right 2-33 wing in good shape. Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, John

NTSB is reporting that 2-33a N1211S was dinged on 4 Aug at Erwinna, Pa.........No other details, but the owner may have the wing you need. Type in the N number on FAA web page to get owners name and address.
JJ

Old September 4th 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:03:31 AM UTC-6, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:38:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:

We are looking for a right 2-33 wing in good shape. Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, John

NTSB is reporting that 2-33a N1211S was dinged on 4 Aug at Erwinna, Pa.........No other details, but the owner may have the wing you need. Type in the N number on FAA web page to get owners name and address.

JJ

There were two other 2-33's damaged at Van Sant in the past year, one in hurricane Sandy, the other in the mis-rigging take-off accident. Not sure if both were CAP assets or status of repairs or salvage.

Frank Whiteley
Old September 5th 13, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:44:58 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
JJ, isn't that like reading the obituaries to find a good used car.

I have chased parts for the better part of 40 years and usually found them in wrecked ships.

Where do you think replacement parts for an out of production aircraft, come from?

JJ
Old September 5th 13, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:23:36 PM UTC-6, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:44:58 AM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:

JJ, isn't that like reading the obituaries to find a good used car.

I have chased parts for the better part of 40 years and usually found them in wrecked ships.

Where do you think replacement parts for an out of production aircraft, come from?

JJ

Not sure about the current status, but when I visited a large Florida club nearly four years ago, I was told their entire fleet was from insurance salvage.

Frank Whiteley
Old September 6th 13, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Try Larry Stahl, Grant county airport, Petersburg WV. 304-257-4435
I bought a 2-33 wing from Larry several years ago. At that time he had a lot of 2-33 parts including some wings in various conditions.
Roger Kelly
Old September 6th 13, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

On Friday, September 6, 2013 9:47:31 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Try Larry Stahl, Grant county airport, Petersburg WV. 304-257-4435

I bought a 2-33 wing from Larry several years ago. At that time he had a lot of 2-33 parts including some wings in various conditions.

Roger Kelly

When people are scrounging for used parts, you know the end is near. Start budgeting for a new glider.
Old September 7th 13, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, September 6, 2013 3:07:24 PM UTC-4, Bill D wrote:

When people are scrounging for used parts, you know the end is near. Start budgeting for a new glider.

Or it is time to start building new 2-33s again (or at least new parts).

Old September 7th 13, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn

On 9/6/2013 3:07 PM, Bill D wrote:
When people are scrounging for used parts, you know the end is near.

Huh? There has been a good market for used 2-33 parts for at least the
last 20 years that I know of, and probably much longer than that.