Registering deLorme Inreach SE with SSA

Old July 7th 14, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Registering deLorme Inreach SE with SSA

I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom
Old July 7th 14, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Monday, 7 July 2014 15:37:28 UTC-6, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Hope to hear from some folks as we tried to get this working for a pilot at the Nephi XC/OLC event an was unsuccessful.
Old July 8th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

On Monday, July 7, 2014 5:37:28 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Everything looks correct. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but my first and last name are Capitalized in my link. What exactly is the problem you're having? Live tracking? History?
Old July 8th 14, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, July 7, 2014 2:37:28 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Tom, I can't get it to work either. My name appears in the database along with the correct link for the page. However it does not show up on the tracking page for the soaring site. I believe some people have got this to work because I see (for example) F8 at the Open in Montague along with altitude etc so I think that must be a DeLorme.

If someone knows the magic incantations please enlighten us.
Old July 8th 14, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, July 7, 2014 2:37:28 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page, which is:

https://share.delorme.com/tomseim

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Tom

Actually it looks like altitude information can be gotten from the iPhone app Glidetrack so maybe that's how I am seeing it for some people. They really should integrate inReach since it is altogether a better solution than Spot.
Old July 8th 14, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Cripps

I remember there was something odd about it when I switched from Spot to InReach earlier this year. If I remember correctly, the solution was to delete the prior record by clicking the 'delete' button in the 'Sailplane information' section, and then input all of the data fields again.
Old July 8th 14, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'm referring to the SSA 'My Profile' page where your tracker type and link are recorded in your profile. Apologies I didn't make that clear in my previous post. My guess was the web page wasn't updating the tracker type.
Old July 8th 14, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, July 7, 2014 5:37:28 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
I recently swithced to the inreach SE from SPOT. My SPOT was on the SSA's sailplane tracker successfully for years, but I can't seem to get it to access my inreach share page,

It may depend on what type of plan you have for the inReach. If you have not registered it with GlidePort, then you will need to go to GlidePort, http://glideport.aero , and register by creating a login and following the directions to enter your inReach share page url in the tracking devices list under the settings tab.

If you have an enterprise or aviation account, then it's a bit more complex.. Go to the blog found at: http://glideport.aero/blog and scroll down to the entry dated 2013-04-17. Follow the step by step directions there. This requires going into your explore delorme account and configuring some settings under the "Settings" tab. While you are in your account, go to the "devices" tab and be sure you have "assigned" yourself to your device even though you may be the only one on your account. Just hit the assign box and you will get a drop down menu from which to select your device or email that you sign in with. That should do it. If it doesn't, try re-entering the ir_push url in your glideport account tracking devices and perhaps adding your mapshare url in one of the other device slots.

WD
Old July 8th 14, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Nice to see it's all sorted (or not). I'll be dumping SPOT for InReach when the SPOT subscription is finished in December.
If you think InReach is difficult, try adding your APRS link.
Jim
Old July 8th 14, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

When you update your tracker information on the SSA website it will typically be reflected on the tracking page in a week or so.

If you go to glideport.aero and update your tracker info in the Settings - Tracking page, the update is immediate. You also get an error message if the url is incorrect, e.g., if you mistype it.

Better yet, if you have an iPhone, download the GlideTrack app and use it as your mobile tracker. When you do that, you will get a "hi-def" track with an amazing flight analysis and visualization. And it's free!

Cheers. Pedja

Delorme inReach Rebate? Dan[_6_] Soaring 5 June 10th 14 04:16 AM
Delorme InReach Explorer [email protected] Soaring 11 April 21st 14 07:48 AM
DeLorme InReach info Sean F (F2) Soaring 2 July 12th 13 03:17 PM
DeLorme inReach Paul Remde Soaring 8 February 12th 13 08:26 PM
Any user reports on Delorme Inreach? Steve Koerner Soaring 8 March 16th 12 07:51 PM