Helicopter Physics info online anywhere??

Old April 11th 04, 01:01 PM

Default Helicopter Physics info online anywhere??

I didn't see any helicopter info on mrfizzix. Here are a few links
that have a little bit more. However, the FAA helicopter handbook is
probably the most popular.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/black-hawk.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/helicopter.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/apache-helicopter.htm

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote:

I'm not a helo pilot but will be embarking on that path in about 3
weeks when I start ground school. I'm trying to get a little more
info on the physics of helicopters and have found only a very basic
"primer" at mrfizzix.com.

Are there any decent online sources for this info or can somebody
recommend a good book?

Thanks!

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Old April 11th 04, 02:40 PM
gaylon9

Try
http://safecopter.arc.nasa.gov/Pages...y/ColPrty.html
some videos at
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/aviation_videos.htm
Physics gone wrong
Gaylon

Old April 22nd 04, 04:41 AM
Kathryn & Stuart Fields

Try Helobooks.com They have a volume out by Ray Prouty that is
outstanding.
Stu Fields Safari driver
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:01:48 GMT, wrote:

I didn't see any helicopter info on mrfizzix. Here are a few links
that have a little bit more. However, the FAA helicopter handbook is
probably the most popular.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/black-hawk.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/helicopter.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/apache-helicopter.htm

Kinda basic stuff there. Well, for me anyways. I used to fly RC
helos so I'm not a complete dolt when it comes to them, but I
appreciate the links in any case.

Old April 24th 04, 04:18 PM

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego skiddz *AT* adelphia *DOT* net wrote:

Well crap.. Now that I've read that, I want to break out the ol'
Legos and give that a try.

Oops. I didn't see that. I should have read a little more detail on
the page before posting. It actually covers some basic principles,
but then at the end it goes into how to position the legos to make a
rotor hub. I wonder if they use rubber legos for the elastomeric
bearings?

Dennis H.