All smoke no fire

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 26th 04, 03:20 PM
Bart

Default All smoke no fire

With all the heated debate over trival issues that I've seen in this
newsgroup, I have to say I'm really disappointed with what I'm seeing as
response to a real issue that affects the value of operating a helicopter in
the US.

Maybe you guys don't understand the impact of the proposed rule change.
Here's what they're doing if it passes, this applies to all 121,135, and 91
operators:

* You'll be requred to fly at or above 1500 AGL during non takeoff and
landing phases

* You'll be required to have pop-out floats for overwater flights.

* Regardless of the airspace, you'll have to have cloud clearance of 500
below, 1000 above, and 2000 lateral,. as well as maintaining an 1200 ft AGL
alt.

* Gone is the ability to operate "without hazard to persons or property",
You'll be required to maintain airplane-like standoff distances.

* Operation within the H/V curve, regardless of flight phase is prohibited,
(IE: NO max performance or confined area departures / appches. )

Basically stated; The FAA will be removing any reason that you would want to
operate a helicopter vs. an airplane.

If you care about this at all, please voice your opinion at:
http://www1.faa.gov/avr/arm/forum/Hy...uctorypage.htm

Bart

Inside the Cowling Fire / Heat Detector? George Sconyers Aviation Marketplace 4 May 31st 04 01:40 AM
"Friendly fire" Mike Naval Aviation 3 April 6th 04 06:07 PM
My Engine Fire!! [email protected] Piloting 21 April 2nd 04 05:02 PM
My Engine Fire!! [email protected] Owning 1 March 31st 04 01:41 PM
"Friendly fire" Mike Military Aviation 0 March 19th 04 02:36 PM