$100 dinner spot for wife's birthday?

Old January 10th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default $100 dinner spot for wife's birthday?

Anyone care to recommend a spot near North Carolina that would be good to
fly the wife to dinner for her birthday?

Looking for something half way fancy that would be good to have a limo pick
us up at the airport and take us to a nice dinner place and then limo back
to the airport afterwards.

tks.

Old January 10th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Biltmore House, Asheville
??

Never been there, but it's on my list
Jim

Old January 10th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("John Doe" wrote)
Anyone care to recommend a spot near North Carolina that would be good to
fly the wife to dinner for her birthday?

Looking for something half way fancy that would be good to have a limo
pick us up at the airport and take us to a nice dinner place and then limo
back to the airport afterwards.

The Greenbrier

My folks have been there for conventions in the 70's and 80's. My gal's
sister was married there in 1993 - which necessitated my gal wearing a mist
green bridesmaid dress - with a humongous bow on the back of it! (Hehehe).
All raved about being at The Greenbrier. They said it was several cuts above
EVERYTHING else.

http://www.greenbrier.com/site/leisu...e_default.aspx
The Greenbrier - it's "near" NC.

http://www.greenbrier.com/site/other/gettinghere.aspx
"The Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB) is only 15 minutes from The Greenbrier"

"Limousine and shuttle service is available. For more information, contact
The Greenbrier Travel Service at 800-453-4858 or 304-536-1110."

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2761227C
Mapquest

Have fun...

Montblack

Old January 10th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote:

Biltmore House, Asheville

http://www.biltmore.com

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 10th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Biltmore House, Asheville
??

Never been there, but it's on my list
Jim

It is a great place to go, but the Biltmore does not have a fine dining
establishment on premises.

If you go to the Biltmore, best to go at Christmas time; They really
decorate it up. Take the self guided tour, and plan to spend at least three
hours. It is amazing. A whole day is not out of the question, if you tour
the winery, ect.

To the OP:

The Grove Park Inn is a great place, and also great to stay overnight.. Try
looking that up.

The coast is always an option. Try the North Myrtle Beach airport, and you
have an option of many fine restaurants. I'm sure there are limo companies
around there that could help you out.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 10th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Fly into New Bern (KEWN) and eat at the Harvey Mansion. There is a near
by Sheraton or you could get a room at the Mansion. The meal expense
will leave some dollars in your pocket but is very good food. There is
limo service in the city and the ride from the airport would be only
5-10 minutes.

I would also second the Asheville area. There are some excellent places
to eat downtown. The airport is a 12 mile ride to the downtown area or
if you really like to spend some money the Grove Park Inn has a spa and
all the things ladies like.

http://www.groveparkinn.com/

An excellent Italian place

Vincenzo's Ristorante and Bistro
10 N Market St
Asheville, NC 28801
(828) 254-4698

..
Great place that was a Greek place but has had a change after the young
son's took over. Great food and interesting atmosphere.

Stoney Knob Restaurant
337 Merrimon Avenue
Weaverville, North Carolina 28787-9253 ph: 828.645.3309

http://www.wnc-woman.com/0204looreview.html

Tom
PP-ASEL

Old January 10th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hmmmm, that looks pretty good. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Biltmore House, Asheville
??

Old January 10th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:
("John Doe" wrote)

[...]

I would second the Greenbbrier,
Been there a few times. First class all the way....
"no" has been trained out of them.
Michelle
Old January 11th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Big State. If the wife caught the dinner limit at a Franklin, I'd be
pounding my rudder for a long time! I've got a place along the coast,
short flight time.

Kenny

Old January 11th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Jim Burns" wrote:

Biltmore House, Asheville
??

"John Doe" wrote in message
Anyone care to recommend a spot near North Carolina that would be good to
fly the wife to dinner for her birthday?

Looking for something half way fancy that would be good to have a limo

pick
us up at the airport and take us to a nice dinner place and then limo back
to the airport afterwards.

Sunday brunch at Jekyll island (Georgia) is great! It is one of the best
Sunday brunches in the Southeast and is accessible from the airport!

--
Remve "_" from email to reply to me personally.