about lift and drag coefficient for cessna C-160

Old August 14th 05, 07:54 AM
Grandss

Default about lift and drag coefficient for cessna C-160

If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

Thanks in advance.

Grandss
Old August 14th 05, 08:25 AM
Sylvain

Grandss wrote:
If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

May I suggest another book that you'll find interesting:

"Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators" by H.H. Hurt, Jr
NAVWEPS 00-80T-80
Naval Air Systems Command
United States Navy

There are a number of reprints; the one I have was
made by ASA, ISBN 1-56027-140-X (sold on Amazon or
your local pilot shop).

--Sylvain
Old August 14th 05, 09:32 AM
Grandss

Sylvain a écrit :
Grandss wrote:

If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

May I suggest another book that you'll find interesting:

"Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators" by H.H. Hurt, Jr
NAVWEPS 00-80T-80
Naval Air Systems Command
United States Navy

There are a number of reprints; the one I have was
made by ASA, ISBN 1-56027-140-X (sold on Amazon or
your local pilot shop).

--Sylvain

thanks for reference, but I need to determine their quickly and i have
not enought time to bye this book (too long to order and to receive it,
i'm in Luxembourg)
Old August 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Eric Bartsch

Grandss wrote:
If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

Thanks in advance.

Grandss

If you are talking about the L/D coefficient. This is a commonly used
performance metric for gliders. The attached website has an explanation
of how it is calculated for a glider (should be same for powered
aircraft)

http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/glidvec.html

Old August 14th 05, 10:20 PM
buttman

There is no such thing as a Cessna C-160. Theres a C-150 and a C-170,
but no C-160.

Old August 15th 05, 12:18 AM
john smith

buttman wrote:
There is no such thing as a Cessna C-160. Theres a C-150 and a C-170,
but no C-160.

I bet there is, we just aren't aware of it because it may not have been
produced.
Old August 15th 05, 12:57 AM
Grandss

buttman a écrit :
There is no such thing as a Cessna C-160. Theres a C-150 and a C-170,
but no C-160.

sorry for the mistake, c-170 is better i think
Old August 15th 05, 03:46 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Grandss" grandss@nospam wrote in message ...
If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

Thanks in advance.

Grandss

Grandss,

If I'm not mistaken your are the same guy that was having problems with
their simulator the other day. Have you considered asking these questions in
rec.aviation.simulators ?

Old August 15th 05, 04:15 PM
Grandss

Gig 601XL Builder a écrit :
"Grandss" grandss@nospam wrote in message ...

If someone can explains me how to determine this two coefficient.

Thanks in advance.

Grandss

Grandss,

If I'm not mistaken your are the same guy that was having problems with
their simulator the other day. Have you considered asking these questions in
rec.aviation.simulators ?

yes of course, but no answer at this moment
Old August 15th 05, 06:15 PM
Peter Duniho

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message
If I'm not mistaken your are the same guy that was having problems with
their simulator the other day. Have you considered asking these questions
in rec.aviation.simulators ?

He did. He simple failed to cross-post properly. He got less response
there anyway (though it's not true that there's "no answer at this momemt").