FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Old December 19th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ Record results

"Dan" wrote in message
Al G wrote:
"Richard Riley" wrote in message
Chief test pilot for X-COR, former astronaut, X-prize judge,
instructor at National Test Pilot School (where Campbell "graduated").
He's the serious pilot among the "first 4."

The implications are significant.

He's also flown 56 differant types of aircraft.

Where as Eric "Winkle" Brown of the British Fleet Air Arm WW2 era,
apparently holds the "Record" @ 487.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_%22Winkle%22_Brown

AL G

But campbell has flown over 1300 types, hasn't he?

In the Richard Schreder biography "10,000 feet & Climbing" it stated the
Dick flew over 750 different models. (page 23). The biography posted on the
web states he accumulated 15,500 hous of flight time.
(http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/Sc...Biography.html)

"10,000 feet & Climbing" was written by his daugher. The 750 different
models seems high, she may have ment 750 different aircraft.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com

Old December 19th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Al G wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
Al G wrote:
"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On 19 Dec 2006 03:59:49 -0800, ChuckSlusarczyk
wrote:

In article . com,
Harry K
says...

I heard back from Rick Searfoss rather promptly. He evidently
works for
XCOR Aerospace, and RRL is their client. He isn't paid by/Doesn't
speak
for/represent in any way, etc.

I don't blame him, this is looking more and more like a Tarbaby.
Hi Harry
What does Col. Rick Searfoss do? I don't know the name.

Chief test pilot for X-COR, former astronaut, X-prize judge,
instructor at National Test Pilot School (where Campbell "graduated").
He's the serious pilot among the "first 4."

The implications are significant.
He's also flown 56 differant types of aircraft.

Where as Eric "Winkle" Brown of the British Fleet Air Arm WW2 era,
apparently holds the "Record" @ 487.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_%22Winkle%22_Brown

AL G

But campbell has flown over 1300 types, hasn't he?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I think his Bio says 1100, but I'll let someone else tilt at that windmill.

I've read Ron Wanttaja's "Guide for the Zoomed", and I'm in the "Pop white
smoke and dive
for the bunker" mode. I had the range, fired for effect, and I'm still
waiting out the secondaries.
I think I'll wait till he stops to reload before sticking my head up.

Al G

Forget the white smoke, that's for concealment. The LZ is red smoke.
"I identify purple" "screw that purple, that's lavender" "I don't care
what you call it get yer ass and report to commo bunker."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 19th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Default Little bears make lousy wannabe's :)

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Good to hear that. It'll be posted at strategic locations across the next
for your entertainment.

Sure, just make sure you got a model release and a payment agreement
and we'll go from there...

....absent my signature and a payment arrangement that's to my
satisfaction and you pay through the nose, as does anyone who publishes
it.

The photo you utilized is not your copyright and it's not associated
with news nor Editorial.

Damn! You'd think a Journalist would know that!

Old December 20th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Jerry Springer wrote:

Seems like I remember a picture of him in a Marines uniform or he said
he was a Marine and he worked on aircraft.

Seeing is believing...have you seen him in person to contrast the face
with the photo? And do you remember where you saw the photo? I'd like
a look myself...

That would be quite the shock for the Marines ~ "Conduct Unbecoming A
Marine," with Juan defending a guy claiming to be a Vietnam Veteran who
isn't, and for that matter, wasn't wounded in action.

We're working on that story right now....so if I can confirm the photo
sighting of Juan in a Marine uniform, I can take that to the Marines
and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the info! It's a lead...

Old December 20th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Dan wrote:

He has presented a picture he claims is of him and he has claimed to
have worked on aircraft.

Hey, Dan...was it posted on usenet? I'd like to get a copy of that
shot...thanks!

Old December 20th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

anon wrote:

Jim, why don't you call me on a Sunday, like you did before, while I was
visiting my dying grandmother.

Ace

If or when you feel up to it, I'd like to hear your story...

This is a published e-mail so don't anyone worry about my posting
it...don't mean nothing to me.

Old December 20th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

DABEAR wrote:

On this page there's a photo entitled "Overwatch" about half way down
the page, with U.S. Army Spec 4 Juan Jimenez credited with the shot:

http://www.defenselink.mil/transform...x_2005-10.html

Coincidence? Hmmm...

Old December 20th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

DABEAR wrote:

He has presented a picture he claims is of him and he has claimed to
have worked on aircraft.

Well, how about ANN's picture and bio of him...and if you think the RRL
bio for Campbell is bad, just check out the same page for what he wrote
about himself in his own bio at ANN as well...but here's Juan's porky
face. Clearly his airplane hasn't flown because he can't fit in it!

http://www.aero-news.net/Community/D...-cd6c1512e817#

Check out that Tux...cumberbund probably already snapped and took out
someone's eye...or severed their head from their neck.

Man, this guy's talking crap about my pics? I remember a line from a
while back about someone shaving a dog's ass and making it walk
backward...

....well, here living proof that it can be done. In a Tux no less...

However, I don't see the Marines taking this guy...despite what's in
his bio.

Old December 20th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
red12049[_1_]

Bear,

Go here for the pic you want....

http://www.bd5.com/bd00002.htm

"DABEAR" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old December 20th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

DABEAR wrote:
DABEAR wrote:

Hey, what are the odds that this is him!? LOL!!!

http://www.bd5.com/bd00002.htm

Too easy to find...

Now we all know what he looks like...I'll leave it at that!

Marine Corps ~ We got to talk...

"Conduct Unbecoming A Marine!" It's a lifetime thing...Espirit de
Corps, and all.

Zoom Cy Galley Home Built 213 May 17th 05 01:19 AM
Zoom sues...again ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 9 April 28th 05 01:11 PM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
ANN is biased ZZZJJJ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 30 January 4th 04 01:58 PM