Piper PA28-235 fuel cap gaskets....where to get?

Old August 11th 05, 07:43 PM
TripFarmer

Default Piper PA28-235 fuel cap gaskets....where to get?

Thanks in advance.

Trip

Old August 11th 05, 08:08 PM
Jim Burns

http://www.airpartsoflockhaven.com/
http://www.av-parts.com/
http://www.dmfs.com
http://www.piperparts.com/
http://www.texair.com
http://www.westexairparts.com/

"TripFarmer" wrote in message
Thanks in advance.

Trip

Old August 12th 05, 07:26 PM
TripFarmer

I got a price of $8.08 each. How does that sound?

In article , says...

Old August 12th 05, 07:34 PM
Jim Burns

Sounds fair to me. Our PA23 fuel door gaskets were 3 times that much.

I've got a theory that I use when pricing airplane parts. Figure out what
you think it should cost, then figure out what it's worth to YOU, then
double it because that's the dealers mark up, then multiply that by 3
because it's for an airplane. So... working backwards you'd expect to pay
about $1.35 if it was for your car? $8.08 sounds about right.
Jim

Old August 13th 05, 01:36 PM
Jay Honeck

I got a price of $8.08 each. How does that sound?

A genuine airplane part for under $10? How can that be?

In my experience, if a part is less than $10 bucks, that is a sure
indication that you will need 20 of them...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 13th 05, 01:46 PM
Jim Burns

In my experience, if a part is less than $10 bucks, that is a sure
indication that you will need 20 of them...

....and that you'll either ruin 10 when installing, OR you'll have to replace
them every 15 hours!

Jim