PBS Inside Oshkosh Air Show

Old February 28th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

Default PBS Inside Oshkosh Air Show

I don't think I saw anyone post this but apologies if I missed it.

There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

It premiered on Feb 22nd so there should be some more airings depending on
your local PBS provider.

Marco

Old February 28th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

It premiered on Feb 22nd so there should be some more airings depending on
your local PBS provider.

FYI: As I understand it, this show is only being aired on the HD PBS
stations. (I missed it on the 22nd, dang it.)

It sucks that only "registered media" can download the segments available on
that website. Sure am glad it's "Public" television...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 28th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 28, 1:17*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

It premiered on Feb 22nd so there should be some more airings depending on
your local PBS provider.

FYI: As I understand it, this show is only being aired on the HD PBS
stations. *(I missed it on the 22nd, dang it.)

It sucks that only "registered media" can download the segments available on
that website. *Sure am glad it's "Public" television...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Jay,

I recorded it off the HD PBS channel to DVD. If you're interested, I
can make a copy and send it to you (even if our political views may
differ. ) It is definitely worth a watch. Email me at
pfalconflyer...at....yahoo....dot....com with your mailing address if
interested.

-Pat

Old February 28th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
I don't think I saw anyone post this but apologies if I missed it.

There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

Hey, guys, I'm curious about this bit:

"Viewers get an insider's perspective when INSIDE flies along with the world's
best aerobatic pilots as they twist and tumble through the sky, and follow a
father and son crew as they fly their restored P-51 Mustang on its maiden
voyage to Oshkosh after a 14-year restoration..."

I'm not sure which one they're talking about, but I hope it doesn't turn
into those "Wait...WHAT?!" moments like the one about the B-29 restoration
in Greenland.

-c

Old February 29th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 28, 11:17*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

It premiered on Feb 22nd so there should be some more airings depending on
your local PBS provider.

FYI: As I understand it, this show is only being aired on the HD PBS
stations. *(I missed it on the 22nd, dang it.)

It sucks that only "registered media" can download the segments available on
that website. *Sure am glad it's "Public" television...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Yeah.. I know the feeling of public broadcasting being very selective
with their programming. Back years ago when I was selling C band
satellite dishes, PBS was one of the first to switch to VC-2
scrambling. All of us in the industry couldn't believe those idiots
would even try it,, but they did. And they used public tax dollars
from an Arts grant to buy the equipment , and then they wouldn't even
sell the programming to the public. Only in America. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. if that guy does burn you a CD can I get a copy too....

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Old February 29th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 28, 4:38*pm, "gatt" wrote:
"Marco Leon" wrote in message

I don't think I saw anyone post this but apologies if I missed it.

There's a new PBS program on the behind-the-scenes workings of AirVenture
with a focus on the 2007 show. Quite interesting and well done IMO.

http://pressroom.pbs.org/programs/in...son_2/air_show

Hey, guys, I'm curious about this bit:

"Viewers get an insider's perspective when INSIDE flies along with the world's
best aerobatic pilots as they twist and tumble through the sky, and follow a
father and son crew as they fly their restored P-51 Mustang on its maiden
voyage to Oshkosh after a 14-year restoration..."

I'm not sure which one they're talking about, but I hope it doesn't turn
into those "Wait...WHAT?!" moments like the one about the B-29 restoration
in Greenland.

-c

No it doesn't... The P-51 that the show focuses on has a successful
trip to/from the show. But the fatal P-51 landing incident involving
2 aircraft is covered in the show (with video of the crash).
Old February 29th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon[_5_]

"AJ" wrote in message

PS. if that guy does burn you a CD can I get a copy too....

Maybe Jay can convert it to a smaller size and post it in the video section
on his website. Jay? If you don't have the software, maybe I can capture it
from my Cable DVR and do it for you but that may take time (for me to FIND
the time that is!).

Marco

Old February 29th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

wrote in message

I'm not sure which one they're talking about, but I hope it doesn't turn
into those "Wait...WHAT?!" moments like the one about the B-29
restoration
in Greenland.

No it doesn't... The P-51 that the show focuses on has a successful
trip to/from the show. But the fatal P-51 landing incident involving
2 aircraft is covered in the show (with video of the crash).

Thanks. I'm keeping an eye out for the show on local PBS. (And harrassing
them to re-air Piece of Cake)

Old March 1st 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Maybe Jay can convert it to a smaller size and post it in the video
section on his website. Jay? If you don't have the software, maybe I can
capture it from my Cable DVR and do it for you but that may take time (for
me to FIND the time that is!).

Dang, Marco -- that would be a mighty huge download. Jav has been a good
egg about hosting our website, but we're approaching a terabyte of videos
already. At some point he's going to say "Enough!".

How small can you shrink a 1-hour (or is it 30 minute?) show without losing
too much clarity?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA