2006 Region 3 Contest - August 27th thru Sept, 2nd, 2006

Old January 25th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2006 Region 3 Contest - August 27th thru Sept, 2nd, 2006

Yeah, its early but we have a new site for this year's Region 3
Contest.
If you plan on attending, please sign -up early in order for our
organization to make arrangements. There has also been inquires to hold

world class for the PW-5's. (If we are able to have (3) register we
will
hold a world class category).

Website: www.adirondacksoaring.com (click on glider contest)

Adirondack Soaring is planning on hosting the 2006 Region 3 Soaring
Contest at the Floyd Bennett Memorial - Warren County Airport, in
Glens Falls, New York. This is a new site for Region 3 and we are
excited about the potential it will have. Glens Falls is located
approximately 50 miles north of Albany and provides for both great
soaring conditions and tremendous amount of recreational activities for

the off-days. The contest dates will be from August 27th thru
September 2nd, with a practice day on Saturday, August 26th. Be sure
to get your application in early as we expect a full compliment of
contestants. We are planning to run three classes; 15 Meter, Standard,

and Sports. A discount will be provided for Junior pilots. To be
considered a Junior Pilot you must be under the age of 25 and currently

attending school. The fee for the FAI classes will be $175 entry fee.

Registration is due no later than July 27, 2006. A late registration

fee of $50 will be imposed, for those pilots who register after July
27, 2006. Pre-registration is so critical to our planning. So please
help us in providing a fun contest for all. Tow fees will be
established as soon as we are able to understand where fuel prices will

stabilize. Water ballast will be permitted in 15 Meter and Standard
except on days when it may be deemed inadvisable by the C.D. for safety

considerations. We have worked extensively to obtain donations of
prizes for daily winners. Prizes for daily winners will have an
approximate value $100 worth of gift certificates that have been
donated from local businesses. We were also able to obtain $500 in
prizes for our overall winners for each class.

Please contact me by phone or e-mail, to request any further
contest
information or visit our website at www.adirondacksoaring.com . Please

send your application along with your entry deposit via the US Postal
Service or visit our website to secure your place in the Region 3
contest. Also, please fill out your Bio. Sheet, as we plan on creating
a book with all the pilots attached.

We are looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully will see you
in Glens Falls.

Sincerely,

Tim Hanke
Region 3 Registration Manager