Adding as US endorsement to your Canadian license...

Old May 7th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Adding as US endorsement to your Canadian license...

Hello,

I'm going through the paperwork to get a US "endorsement" (for lack of
a better word) on my Canadian license so that I can fly N# aircraft. I
understand that I need this paperwork done to legally fly an N#
airplane.

Has anyone gone through this and can point me in the proper direction?

Thank you,

-dr

Old May 8th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Hmmm...

Never heard of that one. Usualy visitors in US can rent/fly after a
checkout for insurance purposes. Have you got a link to the regulation?

Old May 8th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I got my tourist license at a FSDO. Issued on the basis of your Canadian
license. I took my logbook also. It was just a fast paperwork thing, but
that probably is different now. It was vfr restricted. ifr some test was
required.

Old May 8th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Visitors in US with a pilot certificate from another ICAO country cannot fly
N# registered aircraft without a US certificate that can be issued based on
their home country certificate.

FAR61.3(a) A person may not act as pilot in command or in any other capacity
as a required pilot flight crew member of a civil aircraft of U.S registry,
unless that person -
(1) Has a valid pilot certificate or special purpose authorization issued
under this part...
However, when that aircraft is operated within a foreign country, a current
pilot license issued by the country in which the aircraft is operating may
be used; and
(2) Government identification card issued by the Federal Gov't, a State, or
Dist of Columbia.... or other form of ID that the administrator finds
acceptable.

Then the requirements for both certificates must be met, i.e., if the home
country requires a medical, then a medical must be in force, and the US
certificate requires a Flight Review, so the US certificate is not in force
until a Flight Review is completed.

The same holds true in many other ICAO countries for US visitors there.

BT

oups.com...