Cambridge

Old November 23rd 04, 03:04 PM
Mark Hope

Default Cambridge

Did I hear that Cambridge has gone bust? Is there anyone
likely to buy them out and keep them going?

Old November 23rd 04, 05:29 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

Cambridge has not gone bust. They are doing well. I am a Cambridge dealer.
I just purchased and received quite a few 302s. They have even improved the
product. The case now has a textured black finish.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old November 24th 04, 08:20 PM
Robin Birch

Paul,
Do they still do spares for MNAV as I need a new display and they have
been hard to come by.

Regards

Robin

In message NsKod.75993$V41.21988@attbi_s52, Paul Remde
writes

--
Robin Birch
Old November 24th 04, 08:48 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Robin,

That is a good question. I'll copy Gary Kammerer on this note for his
feedback.

Thanks,

Old November 25th 04, 04:40 AM
Marc Ramsey

Paul Remde wrote:
That is a good question. I'll copy Gary Kammerer on this note for his
feedback.

You might also want to ask him the meaning of this record pulled from
the State of Mississippi web site:

Name History
Name Name Type
CAMBRIDGE AERO INSTRUMENTS, INC. Legal
Business Corporation - Domestic - Information

Business ID: 706908

Creation Date: 9/11/2001

State of Incorporation: MS
Principal Office Address: No Address
Principal Mailing Address: 2135 Treasurer Drive
Hernando MS 38632
Listing Address: No Address
Last Annual Report Filed Date: 4/25/2002
Last Annual Report Filed: 2002
Annual Report Month: January

Someone is obviously still shipping products, but as far as Mississippi
is concerned, the business entity "Cambridge Aero Instruments, Inc." no
longer exists. It's probably not a big deal, but it would be nice to
know who I'd be doing business with, if my 302 needed repairs...

Marc
Old November 25th 04, 09:48 AM
John Galloway

If my memory serves me right there was more information
on their tangled recent history on the Cambridge web
site a few months ago - if so it has now been removed.
A licensing agreement (or similar) to another entity
with Cambridge in its title was ended. That is possibly
the explanation for the confusion. The expired business
address given below by the previous poster is not the
current Horn Lake MS Cambridge business and operational
address. The last annual report from there was Jan
2002 and we know that Cambridge continues to operate
since then.

The website has details about the instruments they
still support in the 'service' section - anything before
the M-NAV is no longer supported.

A hunt round the Cambridge website and previous similar
threads on RAS might help.

John Galloway

Old November 25th 04, 01:12 PM
TomnKeyLargo

I sent my 302 to them last Feb. 2004 for servicing, they turned it around in
about a week. I even spoke with them over the phone. I know of others that have
had businees with them this year. Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe, and enjoy
this day # 711.
Old November 25th 04, 04:16 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I'll forward the note below to Cambridge for them to send a response.

R-Track is the company that has been producing and supporting Cambridge
products all this year under the Cambridge name. They still are.

Paul Remde

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
. com...

Old November 25th 04, 06:45 PM
Marc Ramsey

John Galloway wrote:
A licensing agreement (or similar) to another entity
with Cambridge in its title was ended. That is possibly
the explanation for the confusion. The expired business
address given below by the previous poster is not the
current Horn Lake MS Cambridge business and operational
address. The last annual report from there was Jan
2002 and we know that Cambridge continues to operate
since then.

Understood. The question is, if "Cambridge Aero Instruments, Inc." no
longer exists, than who is the manufacturer of record for the 302, etc.?
If it is R-Track, fine, but they need to make that clear to their
current and future customers. This isn't just of academic interest, the
IGC documents explicitly tie the approval to a business entity which may
no longer exist.

Marc

Old November 25th 04, 08:41 PM
John Galloway

Fear not, indeed celebrate, for coincidentally this
is the first anniversary of the updating of the IGC
approval documents:-)

http://www.fai.org/gliding/gnss/igc_approved_frs.pdf

http://www.fai.org/gliding/gnss/cambridge302.pdf

John Galloway

At 19:30 25 November 2004, Marc Ramsey wrote:
John Galloway wrote:
[...]

Cambridge Instruments Ian McPhee Soaring 2 June 18th 04 10:14 AM
Cambridge Aero Explorer Fix Guy Byars Soaring 8 May 19th 04 03:04 AM
Cambridge "V" JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 March 11th 04 02:01 PM
Updated IGC approval documents for Cambridge GNSS flight recorders Ian Strachan Soaring 0 August 27th 03 05:28 PM
Cambridge Aero Instruments Ulrich Soaring 6 August 7th 03 05:48 PM