Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 13th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in news:8111f1d57e77e@uwe:

dave hillstrom wrote:
Is that a real pint or a short pint

argue your point, then, instead of following the standard brit way of
digging a hole in the sand and sticking your head in it, all the while
crying "im invisible! no one can see me!".

It is official. We have reached complete degeneration of this thread.
tho' it really didn't have much to offer in the first place.

/

happy now Graham? you lowlife

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dylan Smith wrote in
:

Beer lovers who rant about $OTHER_COUNTRY's beer probably simply haven't
actually been there.

Quite true. Even within the US there's a grass is greener mentality that
views the beer from a couple of states over as some sort of nectar of the
gods while the locals wouldn't wash their cars with it.

bertie

Old March 13th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dylan Smith wrote in
:

On 2008-03-13, dave hillstrom wrote:
which is ANOTHER thing the brits are HEINOUSLY behind us US folks in.

go on, go to england and just TRY to find a fricken Barqs. go on.

Just go to the chemist (drug store) and pick up cough medicine. It
tastes just the same!

I agree. The heavy ones are crap. Those trappist things in Belgium are
thick,sweet and way too heavy. I did buy a can of "Pink Elephant" (12.5%)
just for the cool can, though.

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dylan Smith wrote in
:
Beer lovers who rant about $OTHER_COUNTRY's beer probably simply haven't
actually been there.

Quite true. Even within the US there's a grass is greener mentality that
views the beer from a couple of states over as some sort of nectar of the
gods while the locals wouldn't wash their cars with it.

bertie

Yes I remember when Coors wasn't available right of Texarkana and we in
Arkansas thought it was the nectar of the gods.

As a side note when Arkansas did get Coors it was still unpasteurized
(or what ever process they now use to let it be shipped warm) and was
shipped refrigerated. I first saw it in a Safeway here on a big display
sitting in front of the west facing window. Word is the entire display
went bad pretty quick.

Old March 13th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dylan Smith wrote in
:
Beer lovers who rant about $OTHER_COUNTRY's beer probably simply
haven't actually been there.

Quite true. Even within the US there's a grass is greener mentality
that views the beer from a couple of states over as some sort of
nectar of the gods while the locals wouldn't wash their cars with it.

bertie

Yes I remember when Coors wasn't available right of Texarkana and we
in Arkansas thought it was the nectar of the gods.

As a side note when Arkansas did get Coors it was still unpasteurized
(or what ever process they now use to let it be shipped warm) and was
shipped refrigerated. I first saw it in a Safeway here on a big
display sitting in front of the west facing window. Word is the entire
display went bad pretty quick.

Hmm. Didn't know that was one of the reasons they didn't sell coors in the
east. I brought back a huge shipment in the back of a twin beech when I did
a trip to Oklahoma once. My boss paid for it all. It was enough to just
about fill the taxi that took me to the airport.

Bertie
Old March 13th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
dgs[_3_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Aratzio wrote in
:

How about belgian doppel & tripel ales?

Eww! they taste like molasses.

No they don't, fjukkwitt
Old March 13th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Eeyore[_2_]

Dylan Smith wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Many English beers have even less alcohol content;
it's not uncommon to see ales at 3.8% abv, and mild ales go even lower.

Try finding anywhere selling mild other than at beer 'exhibitions'. I have
never known ANYONE to drink it.

A number of the pubs here have Bushy's Mild (about 3.5% abv), which is a
very enjoyable drink. Especially if you're spending the night at the pub
and don't want to get bladdered.

Exactly.

There's a lot more to the enjoyment of beer than alcohol content.

That's very true. Another tactic is to alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic
drinks.

Graham

Old March 14th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
dave hillstrom

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:38:52 +0000 (UTC), Dylan Smith

On 2008-03-13, dave hillstrom wrote:
which is ANOTHER thing the brits are HEINOUSLY behind us US folks in.

go on, go to england and just TRY to find a fricken Barqs. go on.

Just go to the chemist (drug store) and pick up cough medicine. It
tastes just the same!

cough medicine and NO barqs. thats just wrong.

--
dave hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj

This space for rent.
Old March 14th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
mariposas rand mair fheal

On 2008-03-13, dave hillstrom wrote:
which is ANOTHER thing the brits are HEINOUSLY behind us US folks in.

go on, go to england and just TRY to find a fricken Barqs. go on.

Just go to the chemist (drug store) and pick up cough medicine. It
tastes just the same!

cough medicine and NO barqs. thats just wrong.

england go figure

arf meow arf - i dont like squishy
i think i hit a wookie on the expressway
nobody could do that much decoupage
without calling on the powers of darkness
Old March 14th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Eeyore wrote in
:

Dylan Smith wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Many English beers have even less alcohol content;
it's not uncommon to see ales at 3.8% abv, and mild ales go even
lower.

Try finding anywhere selling mild other than at beer 'exhibitions'.
I have never known ANYONE to drink it.

A number of the pubs here have Bushy's Mild (about 3.5% abv), which
is a very enjoyable drink. Especially if you're spending the night at
the pub and don't want to get bladdered.

Exactly.

Netkkkopping fjukktard.

Bertie