US Standard Class and World Class Nationals at Hobbs

Old July 13th 04, 07:12 PM
Ken Sorenson

Default US Standard Class and World Class Nationals at Hobbs

The upcoming Standard Class Nationals and World Class Nationals scheduled to
begin at Hobbs, NM are ON. There has been a change in contest management and
Charlie Spratt will be the CD. The new sponsor is the Llano Estacado Soaring
Society, which has just negotiated an agreement to lease the facilities from
the National Soaring Foundation at the Hobbs Industrial Air Park. Denise
Layton, Contest Coordinator for Llano Estacado Soaring Society can be
reached at 505-392-7626 or 505-392-6158. There are plenty of towplanes.
Come and fly. It's going to be a great race.

Ken Sorenson

Old July 13th 04, 09:43 PM
JJ Sinclair

Can we assume the coup-de-tat failed and the evil dictator was forced to flee?
:)
JJ Sinclair
Old July 13th 04, 10:58 PM
BGMIFF

JJ

As you always do, you stated this right on the money. My kids loved the
pictures of the mural on the back of you motorhome that I took at
Parowan.Only problem is......NOW THEY WANT ONE, AND NOT THE MURAL
EITHER.....THE WHOLE MOTORHOME!!!!

Brian

Old July 14th 04, 01:10 AM
John Sinclair

We got'a get Shelton to work on this plot. I can see
a pitched battle being faught on the ramp at Hobbs.
Its give and take for hours, but the NSF runs out of
ammo. The deposed leader, who is actually Larry Sanderson
in discise, is seen fleeing in the only remaining operational
tow plane.
:) JJ

Old July 14th 04, 04:04 AM
C AnthMin

Sounds just right JJ. Tell Shelton it's perfect cannon fodder

Lite
Old July 14th 04, 04:05 AM
Michael McNulty

"John Sinclair" wrote in message
We got'a get Shelton to work on this plot. I can see
a pitched battle being faught on the ramp at Hobbs.
Its give and take for hours, but the NSF runs out of
ammo. The deposed leader, who is actually Larry Sanderson
in discise, is seen fleeing in the only remaining operational
tow plane.
:) JJ

That's silly. No one will believe that Sanderson can fly.

Old July 15th 04, 08:16 PM
John Shelton

Thank you for your kind words but I have retired from the Jihad business.
You can read about my exploits in my new book "Confessions of a Newsgroup
Terrorist" coming out this Fall published by Bantam Books in paperback.

Here is a quote:

"It was apparent to me that there was something dreadfully wrong with
soaring in general. Taking a step back and using deductive reasoning, I
still came up with the conviction that soaring is visually beautiful,
mentally challenging, relatively affordable (compared to the popular Humvee
Demolition Derby's held in the LA Area as well as in the vicinity of
Baghdad.). It is appealing to young people because you can get killed,
defeat weaker individuals, and spend money you don't have. It is appealing
to older people because you can fly well past the time that any sane
airplane operator would hire you to fly their equipment. It is appealing to
people with the present-day Average American Fitness Level since one need
not actually move to operate the controls. You can even micterate in the
machine...something that most motocross racers or bullriders cannot do and
maintain their standing on the Manhood Scale no matter how frightened they
become.

So, why was it dying? The answers were obvious to me as a professional
gorilla marketer. (I did not misspell that. I mean gorilla, not guerilla, as
I make my living selling primates to the laboratories of huge multi-national
pharmaceutical conglomerates for experiments that save them millions of
dollars that they would have to spend trying out their medicines on convicts
and unsuspecting individuals in poorer neighborhoods.) The death of soaring
was easily reversed once you understood the reasons and solutions. (See
Appendix A)

Larry Sanderson was not the reason. He was just the easiest target for a
Jihad. Slow moving. He had grown clumsy in his patronage of the "right
people". A cursory examination would always reveal cookie crumbs on his
hands and lips and the cookie jar was the SSA, his benefactor. It was not so
much that expunging this obvious problem would change everything or even
anything. It might draw attention to a growing unrest in the membership,
though. And it was growing.

By my own count, the Jihad grew from a dozen misfits to over eighteen
misfits at its peak. Strangely enough, the overwhelming majority of the
membership either supported the status quo or plainly did not give a damn.
It just goes to show you how a few nutballs can get together and change the
world. (God Bless America.)"

I think they are planning on selling it for $6.95. It will, of course, be
full of second-rate illustrations.

So, please leave me out of your current controversy. I will be meditation
now and do now wish to be disturbed. In addition, as a flapped flyer, I
don't give a crap about the standards of the Standards.

Om.

zerocinco

Old July 16th 04, 04:03 AM
C AnthMin

John,
Now look what you have done, you've made me spit coke all over my key board.
I'll look forward to your book. How about just one little cartoon for my den?
Will you pay to fix my computer?

Lite