A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Need advice on tail draggers

Old July 27th 09, 08:46 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Feb 2009
Default Need advice on tail draggers

Im looking for my first tail dragger to buy and have found 2 good possibilities. A maule 235 rocket and a Cessna 180, both are about the same price ($55K) and are in about the same condition. My question is which is the easier to learn in?? I have a total of 2.5 hours tailwheel in a super cub (150hp) and thats it. I have a lot of cross wind experience in 150s and 172s since our airport always has a cross wind and Ive been flying in it for 12 years. There also is a Stinson `108 for sale for $30k, but it has the old Franklin 165hp and
Im not too sure about them.

thanks for any help you can give.... ron