Vintage Navy Aircraft Photos

Old December 21st 03, 11:04 PM
Harriet and John

Default Vintage Navy Aircraft Photos

We need to locate photos of three vintage Navy aircraft - the PB-1W with the
topside radome, the P2B-1S (not just a B-29 and not the launch version), and
a radome configured PO-1W ( not an EC-121). We've shaken the web to
exhaustion and Ray Wagner hasn't helped so we're starting into print pubs.
We're getting into a 1951 Jane's tomorrow which should produce pay dirt but
we wonder if anyone has a public domain shot of any or them that could be
shared or knows of a book or pub that would be reasonably available from
which we could copy a photo or two.

Old December 23rd 03, 01:46 AM
Harriet and John

Us again. We've located good shots of the PO-1W, and several of the PB-1W
with the APS-20 Radome beneath the fuselage. We need a shot of Buno. 77234
with the APS-20 mounted atop the fuselage aft of the canopy.

The second problem is that all of the P2B-1S photos we can find are of Buno
84029, the D588 launch aircraft, which was loaned to NASA by the Navy for
the Dryden program. Anyone know where there might be a shot of 84028, 84030
or 84031, the other three B29s that the Navy had in the fifties?

Old December 23rd 03, 10:01 AM
John Keeney

"Harriet and John" wrote in message
Us again. We've located good shots of the PO-1W, and several of the PB-1W
with the APS-20 Radome beneath the fuselage. We need a shot of Buno.

77234
with the APS-20 mounted atop the fuselage aft of the canopy.

The second problem is that all of the P2B-1S photos we can find are of

Buno
84029, the D588 launch aircraft, which was loaned to NASA by the Navy for
the Dryden program. Anyone know where there might be a shot of 84028,

84030
or 84031, the other three B29s that the Navy had in the fifties?

Might one of those be the "B-29" that was recovered from the China Lake
range a couple of years ago for restoration?
No guaranties, but worth checking.