PIREP Extreme Simple Green Aviaiton cleaner

Old March 6th 05, 01:24 AM
Mike Rapoport

Default PIREP Extreme Simple Green Aviaiton cleaner

I was given a bottle of this stuff at NBAA and today I tried it out for the
first time. The "problem cleaning" areas on a MU-2 are the outer portions
of the horizontal stabilizer. The grime is a combination of carbon from the
exhaust, carbon from the starter-generator and prop-heat brushes combined
with a tiny bit of oil and also spots of grease from the flap jackscrews
after an inspection. It is an important area to keep clean since this
concoction seems to destroy the outer portions of the tail de-ice boots
which are expensive.

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Mike
MU-2

Old March 6th 05, 06:01 AM
Jack Allison

Thanks for the PIREP Mike. As an (almost) newbie owner, this is the
type of info. that I look forward to learning from r.a.o.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Buying Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 6th 05, 07:11 AM
Javier Henderson

"Mike Rapoport" writes:

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Good stuff. Can you point us to this dealer please?

-jav
Old March 6th 05, 03:19 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
"Mike Rapoport" writes:

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Good stuff. Can you point us to this dealer please?

-jav

Try:

http://www.quartzaviation.com/orderForm.htm

Old March 6th 05, 03:38 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Mike Rapoport" said:
I was given a bottle of this stuff at NBAA and today I tried it out for the

Wasn't there a problem with the original Simple Green that it could attack
aluminium or something? How did they fix that with the Aviation Cleaner?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
....if Paul's really talking about truly average people, then they'd probably
Old March 6th 05, 05:13 PM
John Clonts

"Mike Rapoport" writes:

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Good stuff. Can you point us to this dealer please?

I ordered some from http://www.mentormall.cc/ last week, but haven't received it yet. The price was about
$19/gal. I see now that their website is down-- I hope I haven't been scammed

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old March 6th 05, 10:38 PM
Matt Barrow

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime

better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular

Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Good stuff. Can you point us to this dealer please?

-jav

Try:

http://www.quartzaviation.com/orderForm.htm

It doesn't damage the paint? In the late srping around here we get moths out
the wazoo and I'l like to just spray the leading edges down to get the crap
off but I woory about the paint (as others have aluded to). I have a really
good paint job and don't want to ruin it.

--
Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO
----------------------
"At a time when our entire country is banding
together and facing down
individualism, the Patriots set a wonderful
example, showing us all what is possible
when we work together, believe
in each other, and sacrifice for the
greater good." SEN. EDWARD KENNEDY, D-MASS., in a statement read
onto the Congressional Record, praising the New
England Patriots and declaring us all to be in
an American war against individualism. --
Quoted in America's 1st Freedom magazine, April, 2002

Old March 7th 05, 01:10 AM
Blanche

Matt Barrow wrote:

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message

I can report that Extreme Simple Green Aviation removed the grime

better
than anything I have tried (almost everything I could think of over the
years) and it seems to be a better oil/grease remover than regular

Simple
Green. It is also relatively economical. I found a place on the web
selling it for $17.44 a gallon. Great stuff!

Good stuff. Can you point us to this dealer please?

-jav

Try:

http://www.quartzaviation.com/orderForm.htm

It doesn't damage the paint? In the late srping around here we get moths out
the wazoo and I'l like to just spray the leading edges down to get the crap
off but I woory about the paint (as others have aluded to). I have a really
good paint job and don't want to ruin it.

Matt -- the new Extreme Simple Green has been approved by Boeing for
use on aircraft. It's primary purpose is grease. For moths and bugs
in general, I just grab a spray bottle with water, spray liberally,
let it sit for a few minutes then wipe off with a towel. I also make
sure I keep the leading edges well-waxed. Makes it much easier.

Most cleaners will probably remove the wax on the edges, making more
work for me.

Old March 7th 05, 01:14 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Mike Rapoport" said:
I was given a bottle of this stuff at NBAA and today I tried it out for
the

Wasn't there a problem with the original Simple Green that it could attack
aluminium or something? How did they fix that with the Aviation Cleaner?

Yes there is a corrosion issue with regular Simple Green. The new Extreme
Simple Green is different, it isn't even green.

Mike
Not a chemist

Old March 7th 05, 01:16 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

[...]

I don't know why it would damage the paint. It is a cleaner and has no
abrasives. They market it specifically for cleaning airplanes.

Mike
MU-2