I want to buy a plane by year-end but they're not making it easy.

Old December 2nd 04, 09:25 PM
Dude

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Dude wrote:
Having driven many of them, I understand why they would not want you to
drive it.

Mercedes had a special event last summer when they invited a whole slew
of people out to the parking lot of the local pro sports team and drove
a few hot autocross laps with a professional driver (mind you they
wouldn't
let us do that ourselves), they also let us test drive a few models in the
lot (at lower speeds) and test a car with AWD (or was it antilock) on a
little
soapy skid pad.

All it did is convince me I didn't want a Mercedes. Even the so called
"sports" models had steering and handling that you'd expect from a
limosine.

Yep, my impression exactly. I haven't tried that G model, but I bet it has
wonderful SUV handling. All their cars do.

Old December 2nd 04, 09:28 PM
Ron Natalie

Dude wrote:

Yep, my impression exactly. I haven't tried that G model, but I bet it has
wonderful SUV handling. All their cars do.

My SUV is more responsive. I swear they put shock absorbers on
the steering linkages.
Old December 2nd 04, 10:26 PM
C Kingsbury

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...

It is probably too late now but when asked for financial information that

think is unjustified, I have always jsut said: "No, I am not going to
provide that". I am fairly certain that nobody with any real net worth
would disclose their financials to a salesman.

I work in sales. One of the first things you do, whether you're selling
cars, houses, or corporate software, is figure out whether the guy you're
talking to can spend the money to buy your product. The more it costs you to
dance with him, the more you want to qualify it.

You can usually tell one way or the other if someone has money. I once
worked in a fancy retail store and saw this guy walk in wearing ripped jeans
and a dirty T-shirt. No one else paid any attention to the guy because he
looked like a bum. As I walked past him I glanced at his wrist and saw a
Swiss watch probably worth more than the BMW that the guy in a suit next to
him drove. Needless to say the "bum" nobody wanted to deal with left with
$1000 of cigars. Shoes are another big giveaway. The average observer sees
three guys in suits. The skilled one sees one guy wearing Bally loafers and
two guys in department-store shoes.

There's also plenty of psychological "tells" that a smart salesperson knows
to look for. Do they look comfortable and at ease, or are they anxious
because they think they might be out of their league? How long do they take
before asking the price? If they ask right away they're either totally
serious or totally tire-kicking. I don't mind tire-kickers who know they
are, because they won't cost me valuable time. If I'm not busy I can chew
the fat with them for a while, then blow out if a real customer shows up.
It's the guy in between who spikes me. He spends an hour looking at it and
then decides in the end he needs to spend the money on new siding instead.

In real big-ticket items like cars or real estate, it's not unusual that you
really don't even see the smart and or wealthy buyer face-to-face until the
deal is closed. If they're buying a car they do it by faxing or calling the
sales manager directly, and if they're buying property, they often do so
through a buyer's agent. The biggest money is often the quietest.

-cwk.

Old December 2nd 04, 11:11 PM
Dude

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...

SNIP

If they're buying a car they do it by faxing or calling the
sales manager directly, and if they're buying property, they often do so
through a buyer's agent. The biggest money is often the quietest.

-cwk.

So true. My mom is a secretary, and I doubt her last boss ever bought much
that he did not just ask her to get. She has called me a million times
asking what type of computer or gadget to get. Seriously, he would want a
new cell phone, laptop, or camera and we would decide for him and she would
charge it on his card.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:41 AM
Ross Oliver

When I was in the market for an aircraft, I flew (airline) from
San Jose, CA to New Mexico to test fly one potential aircraft, and
to Florida to test fly another. If you're really serious, distance
is not an issue ;-) If you were to simply show up at the Piper,
Tiger, or Cirrus factory, I'm sure they would consider you a worthy
enough prospect to justify a demo flight.

Alternatively, West Valley Flying Club @ PAO/SQL/HWD has nine (count 'em NINE)
Cirrus, 2 2000 Piper Archers, and a '79 Tiger for rent. For good
measure, there is also a Diamond DA-40 for rent @ SQL at another FBO.
And the December weather in here in Norcal is wonderful ;-)

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:40:25 GMT, T.Roger wrote:
Where I train there are a few Cirrus' and no New Pipers or Tigers. Cirrus
has a presence because of their successful shares program but I'd need to
hook up with the share owners to rent. Not likely.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:53 AM
Bill J

Yep, first hours PIC after PVT were at factory check out course. All
advised against it. You wouldn't believe insurance
premiums/deductable...But both Cirrus and Lancair beat a path to demo it
to him.

gatt wrote:
-
"Bill J" wrote in message

My student bought a Lancair before he had his ticket. No prob lem oh!

Wow, that's a lot of airplane for a new pilot, isn't it?

-c

Old December 3rd 04, 01:25 AM

On 2-Dec-2004, Andrew Gideon wrote:

We found another place and dealt with them. They treated us royally even
through we were renting some (by their standards) dinky little place. So
we used them when we bought our townhouse. And we used them again when
we bought our house.

At least two pairs of friends also used them on our recommendation, buying
fairly large expensive homes (one of which is downright incredible!).

They're still in business, BTW.

It's the same reason that smart FBOs, that plan to be around for a while,
offer good service to a young guy dropping by in need of just a few gallons
of avgas for his 172.
--
-Elliott Drucker
Old December 3rd 04, 01:29 AM
Matt Whiting

Matt Barrow wrote:

"T.Roger" wrote in message
m...

Any FEMALE Beech brokers out there that you know of?

Yeah, AAMOF! http://www.kansasaircraft.com

OK, any good looking female brokers... :-)

Old December 3rd 04, 03:11 AM
Matt Barrow

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...
You can usually tell one way or the other if someone has money. I once
worked in a fancy retail store and saw this guy walk in wearing ripped

jeans
and a dirty T-shirt. No one else paid any attention to the guy because he
looked like a bum. As I walked past him I glanced at his wrist and saw a
Swiss watch probably worth more than the BMW that the guy in a suit next

him drove. Needless to say the "bum" nobody wanted to deal with left with
$1000 of cigars. Shoes are another big giveaway. The average observer sees
three guys in suits. The skilled one sees one guy wearing Bally loafers

and
two guys in department-store shoes.

A former boss of mine drove a five year old Buick, wore Sears clothes, a
Seiko $150 watch (a gift from his daughter) and when writing during a
meeting once I tesed him because he used a "Brakes Plus" BIC pen. His wife
had a simple, inexpensive wedding ring. He often wore jeans and cowboy
boots.

He was worth some $15million. And, no, he wasn't miserly at all.

In real big-ticket items like cars or real estate, it's not unusual that

you
really don't even see the smart and or wealthy buyer face-to-face until

the
deal is closed. If they're buying a car they do it by faxing or calling

the
sales manager directly, and if they're buying property, they often do so
through a buyer's agent. The biggest money is often the quietest.

Usually.

rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 04 07:27 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 06:27 AM
Conspiracy Theorists (amusing) Grantland Military Aviation 1 October 2nd 03 12:17 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 03 07:27 AM