aerial photography at night

Old October 14th 05, 12:08 PM
jason

Default aerial photography at night

Hi,

was recently reading the night aerial photography thread. You might be
inetersted in viewing my night aerial views of London taken last week :

http://news.jasonhawkes.com/archives/2005/09/index.html

jason

Old October 14th 05, 12:49 PM
Larry Dighera

On 14 Oct 2005 04:08:01 -0700, "jason" wrote
in .com::

You might be inetersted in viewing my night aerial views of
London taken last week :

http://news.jasonhawkes.com/archives/2005/09/index.html

Bravo! Those are quite remarkable photographs.

Surely they must have been taken at twilight, not the dead of night,
as timed aerial exposures must be nearly impossible. Why do you favor
film over digital photography?

Very nice work indeed. Thanks for sharing.
Old October 14th 05, 02:37 PM
Jay Honeck

was recently reading the night aerial photography thread. You might be
inetersted in viewing my night aerial views of London taken last week :

http://news.jasonhawkes.com/archives/2005/09/index.html

Beautiful photos, Jason.

What altitude were you at when you took them?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 14th 05, 05:54 PM
Ross Richardson

Incredible. I've been to London several times and these are beautiful.
How do you get the shots without vibration and still the clarity. Do you
use high speed film? I do a little for pleasure only and find that the
digital has nicer results even shooting through the plastic windows.

-------------
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Old October 14th 05, 06:42 PM
john smith

Jason, I noted in the text you are using a camera stabilizer.
How about sharing camera/lense/shutter/aperature/film speed-ASO?
Old October 14th 05, 07:07 PM
George Patterson

jason wrote:

http://news.jasonhawkes.com/archives/2005/09/index.html

Lovely work!

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 14th 05, 09:22 PM
Ben Hallert

Anyone can get pictures like that at night from a plane, the only trick
is picking the right flash.

/dry

Ben Hallet
PP-ASEL

Old October 17th 05, 06:40 AM
Jay Beckman

"jason" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

was recently reading the night aerial photography thread. You might be
inetersted in viewing my night aerial views of London taken last week :

http://news.jasonhawkes.com/archives/2005/09/index.html

jason

Excellent photos Jason

Old October 17th 05, 10:23 AM
jason

Gald you liked the images.

They were taken from a twin A Star from around 800-1200ft around an
hour after dusk.

I still shoot on film at the moment and used Provia 400 120.

Jason