Fly In Ethnic Festivals

Old March 10th 04, 01:02 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Fly In Ethnic Festivals

Okay, so the "beer festival" title was perhaps a bit off-putting to some.
Let's try again.

Can you list any big ethnic festivals in your part of the country? In Iowa
and Wisconsin, of course, they are mostly German Fests -- but I know of at
least one Italian Fest ("Festa Italiana" in Milwaukee) and a couple of
Polish festivals.

Here's why I'm interested: When we fly somewhere I always try to link
several activities together. When I fly to Milwaukee on vacation, for
example, I try to plan it around SummerFest -- a week-long lakefront
celebration of live music, food, and fun.

That way there's more to do than just see the relatives... :-)

So, that being said -- can anyone list some?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 10th 04, 02:07 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Okay, so the "beer festival" title was perhaps a bit off-putting to some.
Let's try again.

Can you list any big ethnic festivals in your part of the country? In

Iowa
and Wisconsin, of course, they are mostly German Fests -- but I know of at
least one Italian Fest ("Festa Italiana" in Milwaukee) and a couple of
Polish festivals.

They got any Lithuanian festivals?

Tom - discriminated against AGAIN.

Old March 10th 04, 03:35 PM
ET

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Okay, so the "beer festival" title was perhaps a bit off-putting to
some. Let's try again.

Can you list any big ethnic festivals in your part of the country?
In Iowa and Wisconsin, of course, they are mostly German Fests -- but
I know of at least one Italian Fest ("Festa Italiana" in Milwaukee)
and a couple of Polish festivals.

Here's why I'm interested: When we fly somewhere I always try to link
several activities together. When I fly to Milwaukee on vacation, for
example, I try to plan it around SummerFest -- a week-long lakefront
celebration of live music, food, and fun.

That way there's more to do than just see the relatives... :-)

So, that being said -- can anyone list some?

Jay, Fly on down here to south texas, I've got 3 different home-brewed Ales
on-tap... we can drink in the garage and call it a beer-fest grin

--
ET

"A common mistake people make when trying to design something
fools."---- Douglas Adams
Old March 10th 04, 04:00 PM
Dale

In article qlE3c.96600$PR3.1771527@attbi_s03,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

So, that being said -- can anyone list some?

Not "ethnic" but during late February/early March the Fur Rendevous is
happening here in Anchorage. You can also catch the start of the
Iditarod Sled Dog race. And of course, what a great cross-country just
gettings here!!

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old March 10th 04, 04:11 PM
AES/newspost

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Can you list any big ethnic festivals in your part of the country? In Iowa

Burning Man?
Old March 10th 04, 05:20 PM
Chris

Well, an ethnic festival would be Zozobra in Santa Fe, NM in September:
http://www.zozobra.com/

A real big fiesta is the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque, NM in October:
http://www.aibf.org/
(not so much ethnic but aviation related of course!, And there is German
Warsteiner on tap ;*) which brings us back to beer)

Chris

Old March 13th 04, 09:16 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , AES/newspost
wrote:
Burning Man?

I've never been, so I don't know, but is it really an ethnic festival?

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old March 13th 04, 01:31 PM
Dan Truesdell

I heard that it was not too inviting for aircraft there (although it
does sound quite interesting).

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Can you list any big ethnic festivals in your part of the country? In Iowa

Burning Man?

--
Remove "2PLANES" to reply.

Old March 13th 04, 03:58 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:31:28 -0500, Dan Truesdell
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I heard that it was not too inviting for aircraft there (although it
does sound quite interesting).

I suppose 'interesting' is the word for it:

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...8/30/50564.php
Four injured in second small plane crash at Burning Man

Burning Man 2004 Aug 30 - Sept 6, 2004:
http://www.burningman.com/

Burning Man 2003:
http://www.burningman.com/calendar/playa/day.php

Black Rock Unicom, 122.9:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla.../air_play.html

Burning Man is the world's greatest Fire Fly In:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...ort/index.html

The Black Rock City Airport springs into existence every year:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...t/airport.html

AIRPORT FAQ:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...t/faq_air.html
Old March 15th 04, 12:35 AM

wrote in Message-Id:
:

I heard that it was not too inviting for aircraft there (although it
does sound quite interesting).

I suppose 'interesting' is the word for it:

http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...8/30/50564.php
Four injured in second small plane crash at Burning Man

Burning Man 2004 Aug 30 - Sept 6, 2004:
http://www.burningman.com/

Burning Man 2003:
http://www.burningman.com/calendar/playa/day.php

Black Rock Unicom, 122.9:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla.../air_play.html

Burning Man is the world's greatest Fire Fly In:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...ort/index.html

The Black Rock City Airport springs into existence every year:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...t/airport.html

AIRPORT FAQ:
http://www.burningman.com/on_the_pla...t/faq_air.html

After reading through the Burning Man website, what is it? - a 30000
people fly-in in the Nevada desert including a random art exhibit for $200+?

Thanks for enlightenment ;*)

Chris