contest corner -- Soaring Magazine

Old February 5th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BB

Default contest corner -- Soaring Magazine

If there is anyone out there who a) reads the "contest corner" column
in Soaring magazine and b) is so bored they actually want to read them
before they are printed, upcoming articles are on my webpage at

http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/john.c...Papers/#corner

I just posted a new article that ries to explain the new distance
rules in US contests.

John Cochrane

Old February 6th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ray Lovinggood

John,

Great webpage. Thanks for building it and making it
available. Looks like some great (re)reading.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old February 6th 07, 10:49 PM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
If there is anyone out there who a) reads the "contest corner" column
in Soaring magazine and b.1) is so bored b.2) they actually want to read them
before they are printed, upcoming articles are on my webpage at

http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/john.c...Papers/#corner

I just posted a new article that tries to explain the new distance
rules in US contests.

John Cochrane

a) yes
b.1) no
b.2) yes

I've always wanted to thank you for the papers you've written and made available to us about decision making strategies for both xc and racing. I work in a field similar to what you teach so your presentation style works well for me. McCready theory, the Efficient Frontier and Asset Allocation strategies are all very similar within my simple, little brain.

Thanks for making this resource available,

V7
Old February 7th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Just a Little Faster Please"...is one of the finest articles on
flying more efficiently I have read. It really is a must for someones
soaring library. Thanks for putting it together.

Old February 7th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Repacholi

"BB" writes:

If there is anyone out there who a) reads the "contest corner" column
in Soaring magazine and b) is so bored they actually want to read them
before they are printed, upcoming articles are on my webpage at

http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/john.c...Papers/#corner

Do you have them in a non turdburger form for the few of us who
have not sold thier soul to the billster?
Old February 7th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

On Feb 7, 10:05 am, Paul Repacholi wrote:
"BB" writes:
If there is anyone out there who a) reads the "contest corner" column
in Soaring magazine and b) is so bored they actually want to read them
before they are printed, upcoming articles are on my webpage at
http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/john.c...Papers/#corner

Do you have them in a non turdburger form for the few of us who
have not sold thier soul to the billster?

Have you tried reading them in OpenOffice, which usually does a good
job of importing "foreign" formats?

OO is available free for Windows and Linux.

Old February 7th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Verhulst

Have you tried reading them in OpenOffice, which usually does a good
job of importing "foreign" formats?

OO is available free for Windows and Linux.

And Solaris and Mac OS X abd BSD.... OO rocks! I don't understand why
anybody would actually pay money for MS word/office.

Go to http://openoffice.org

I feel better now :-)

Tony V.
Old February 7th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

Tony Verhulst wrote:
OO rocks!

I wouldn't go that far, but it doesn't suck as much as the
alternatives.

I don't understand why anybody would actually pay money for MS word/office.

I agree wholeheartedly. But most people don't since they either get
MSWorks (!) or MST_rd is on their work machine.

Old February 15th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Paul Repacholi wrote:
"BB" writes:

If there is anyone out there who a) reads the "contest corner" column
in Soaring magazine and b) is so bored they actually want to read them
before they are printed, upcoming articles are on my webpage at

http://faculty.chicagogsb.edu/john.c...Papers/#corner

Do you have them in a non turdburger form for the few of us who
have not sold thier soul to the billster?

Can't you just click on them and read it in your browser? Works on mine
- Seamonkey. Haven't tried IE.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4