Prue Super Standard available to repairer

Old April 10th 05, 06:50 PM

Default Prue Super Standard available to repairer

Paul Pallmer died last year and his brother, John (509-928-6269), is
trying to find a person who would take Paul's old wrecked glider and
trailer rather than just selling it all as junk.
It is a wrecked aluminum Prue Super Standard 15M glider. It has a
trailer,instruments,and literature. Pictures of the glider are
available but are not currently attached. The glider hit a post with
the wing during an outlanding in the 70's. The fuselage nosed in and
bent, breaking Paul's leg.

I've also sent this information to the Vintage Sailplane group. I have
some pictures.

Rudy Allemann

Old April 10th 05, 06:58 PM
Bill Daniels

IIRC the Prue Super Standard was built with thick magnesium skins so the
wing would hold an accurate airfoil.

Bill Daniels
ups.com...

Old April 11th 05, 06:01 AM
Steve Leonard

According to what I remember and see from the 1974 sailplane directory,
only the prototype had the magnesium wing skins. The others got more
ribs and aluminum skins. There is a picture of it in the Spetember
1965 isue of SOARING. Paul was teh one and only owner of the ship.

A few years back the prototype was available for sale. It was stripped
and ready to be re-painted. According to landings.com, it is still in
Midland, Texas. I got to thinking about this plane again when talking
about US gliders that have been to World Championships. The prototype
Prue Standard, and the Sisu you all got to see at Ontario, were two of
the three to go to Argentina in 1963.

Rudy, is ther any chance you could send me copies of the pictures? It
is half a continent away, but I might be interested. I watched as the
tooling for the Super and a bunch of parts were donated to a ministry
and sold. Might be able to track back through my records and get
replacement parts. I hate to see old ships like that go away. Saw
remains of the Jenny Mae on eBay late last year. I bet not many of the
"Under 50" crowd know anything about that one!

Steve Leonard
One of the "Under 50" crown that does!

Old April 11th 05, 06:25 AM

Dear Steve, Send me your e-mail address or should I post the pictures
on rec-av-soaring? Somebody asked where the Prue is: It is in Pasco,
Washington (near where the Snake River comes into the Columbia River)
This is in area code 509 as is the City of Spokane where John Pallmer
lives.

Rudy A.

Old April 11th 05, 04:02 PM

Steve Leonard wrote:
[...]

Hello folks,
I am the one who purchased the tooling and parts from the ministry.
The 2005 model Super Standard is about 90% complete and I would be
interested in seeing the pictures and maybe purchasing the salvage.
Thanks
Clark Hinds
Memphis, TN