Australia

Old December 30th 04, 03:16 PM
Chris Lasdauskas

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:59:40 UTC, (Badwater
Bill) wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:00:57 +1100, jc wrote:

Chris Lasdauskas wrote:

snip

The top personal tax rate is lower than 40% and you only pay it on the
part of your income above a certain threshold, so no-one is paying
40%. Yes we pay GST, but previously we paid sales taxes which it
replaced so the result is about the same. On the up side we don't pay
state taxes like the US seem to do. If you find a study comparing
international tax rates - where all taxes, levies, stamp duties etc
are included, you'll find that Australia is in the lower part of total
tax range, probably (though I am going from memory here) lower than
what some parts of the US pay.

What country are you in - certainly not Australia

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...u=5053&mfp=001

shows

Over $70,000

$18,612 plus 47c for each $1 over $70,000

At the point that you start paying 47c on your next dollar earned
($70,0001) the average you are paying is only 26.6% (18612/70000)

The above rates do not include the Medicare levy of 1.5%.

Which is a compulsory health insurance collected through the tax
system.

As I said above, I thought this was correct. Thanks for backing it up
for us.

BWB

Chris

Old December 31st 04, 05:50 AM

We host the fellow and then he denigrates our country! If it was a
dictatorship we could ban the ill-mannered windbag from entering again.
Albert

Badwater Bill Dec 17, 7:39 pm Subject: Australia
Your government is half way between a democracy and a dictatorship blah
blah ..
BWB

Old January 3rd 05, 03:57 AM

Ron,
I've lived and worked in the U.S. and was in the Australian army in
Vietnam and was in locations where I faced the enemy with U.S. troops
so I know American characteristics well. They are generous and open
people - just like most people around the world when you get to know
them.
There's no excuse for publicly badmouthing another man's country as
Bill did.
Cheers,
Albert

Ron Webb wrote:
Albert

Allow another American to apologize on behalf of most of the rest of

us. In
Bill's defense though - that was the politest I've ever seen him ;^}.

RV 6 in Sydney Australia frank connaly Home Built 27 May 22nd 04 10:02 PM
Australia only Continental 0-200 or 0-240 Robert Home Built 0 May 20th 04 04:07 AM
Rebuilding my KR-2 Forrest Home Built 10 December 9th 03 04:09 AM
home built sites in Australia? Chris Sinfield Home Built 1 July 18th 03 04:05 PM