Most fun flying with your clothes on!

Old February 12th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Default Most fun flying with your clothes on!

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!
I was actually having fun while training for the rating. That was a change.
Next year? CMES? That will round out the powered rating for me.

Michelle P
Old February 12th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!

Now THAT is cool! Congratulations, Michelle!

(Are you gonna try for OSH this year? If so, I know quite a few
people who would LOVE to visit the seaplane base with you! ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 12th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Jay Honeck wrote:
yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!

Now THAT is cool! Congratulations, Michelle!

(Are you gonna try for OSH this year? If so, I know quite a few
people who would LOVE to visit the seaplane base with you! ;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Jay,
Thank You. I truly had fun.

No OSH or Sun-N-Fun this year. I have to be back in Oregon in early
April. I am on call for Fires and We have a few airplane projects that
need to be completed.

The floats are going to have to wait a few years. I have higher
financial priorities. Like the Hangar.

Michelle
Old February 12th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

"Michelle P" wrote in message
k.net...
yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!

I took a picture of a Maule on floats in Greenville in 2005. You want it?

Old February 12th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Michelle P wrote:
yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!
I was actually having fun while training for the rating. That was a change.
Next year? CMES? That will round out the powered rating for me.

There's a guy in the area who supposedly teaches a SES course for about $800 or
so. What did you have to do? Any commercial maneuvers?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old February 12th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Steve Foley wrote:
"Michelle P" wrote in message
k.net...

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!

I took a picture of a Maule on floats in Greenville in 2005. You want it?

Yeah!
Remove the obvious stuff from my email address.
Michelle
Old February 12th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Michelle P wrote:

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!
I was actually having fun while training for the rating. That was a change.
Next year? CMES? That will round out the powered rating for me.

There's a guy in the area who supposedly teaches a SES course for about $800 or
so. What did you have to do? Any commercial maneuvers?

My rating cost me $1000 for everything. This included the instructors,
plane, and examiner fee. I went to Browns Seaplane base in Winter Haven,
FL. Nice folks.

I did a lot of take off and landings. Since I already had at least a
Commercial Single Engine this was just an add on. I only had to do the
required items for the Sea side. I could not get a ATP Airplane Single
engine Sea since the Cub has no Instrument for approaches. That is fine.
I had a blast flying the Cub!

I am hoping to go back next year and get the ATP-MES. They have a plane
to do that.

Michelle
Old February 12th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article t,
Michelle P wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Michelle P wrote:

[...]

I have a friend, Chester Lawson, here at Spruce Creek, who teaches MES
in a Super Widgeon. People come from all over the world to get their MES
from him.
Old February 12th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 11, 8:27 pm, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article t,
Michelle P wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Michelle P wrote:

[...]

from him.- Hide quoted text -

Another popular place is Terri Cambell's NorCal Aviation in the
California Sierras. I did my PP-SES and CP-SES with her, but she also
has a twin (Apache) on floats.

-Robert

Old February 12th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article t,
Michelle P wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Michelle P wrote:

[snip]

I have a friend, Chester Lawson, here at Spruce Creek, who teaches MES
in a Super Widgeon. People come from all over the world to get their MES
from him.

If I can get an ATP MEL/MES I will consider it.

Michelle