Does an F15E carry AGM88(HARM) missiles?

Old January 30th 04, 03:13 AM
Tetsuji Rai

Default Does an F15E carry AGM88(HARM) missiles?

Thank you. Then I can understand it.

"fudog50" wrote in message
It can carry them, sure, for ferrying, but doesn't have the harm
control box, or wiring to be able to control or fire it!

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:27:33 GMT, "Tetsuji Rai"
wrote:

Title says it all. I'm playing a flight simulator, Falcon4. In this

game,
F15E cannot carry HARM missiles. But I have found a Japanese home page
which says an F15E can carry HARM missiles. So I want to know which,

and
if possible, how many AGM88s it can carry, and which hardpoints are used

for
AGM88.

Thanks in advance!!

Old January 30th 04, 03:38 AM
Thomas Schoene

C Knowles wrote:
I have seen a photo of a F-15E with HARMs on the seldom-used
outboard wing stations but it was simply an eval for the Weasel role.
Since the F-16 picked up this role it was not proceded with.

Just to nitpick, are you sure that wasn't one of the very early TF-15As
serving as a Strike Eagle demonstrator?

The South Korean F-15K apparently will have the option of carrying HARM;
it's part of the weapon package that went with the aircraft.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old January 30th 04, 04:22 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
ink.net...
C Knowles wrote:
I have seen a photo of a F-15E with HARMs on the seldom-used
outboard wing stations but it was simply an eval for the Weasel role.
Since the F-16 picked up this role it was not proceded with.

Just to nitpick, are you sure that wasn't one of the very early TF-15As
serving as a Strike Eagle demonstrator?

TF-15A? I believe you would be referring to the F-15B.

Brooks

--
Tom Schoene

Old January 30th 04, 05:02 AM
Brett

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:
C Knowles wrote:
I have seen a photo of a F-15E with HARMs on the seldom-used
outboard wing stations but it was simply an eval for the Weasel role.
Since the F-16 picked up this role it was not proceded with.

Just to nitpick, are you sure that wasn't one of the very early TF-15As
serving as a Strike Eagle demonstrator?

The pictures I've seen with HARM were on 71-0291. McD's demonstrator TF-15A
(F-15B) which also served as the Strike Eagle demonstrator.

Old January 30th 04, 06:17 AM
fudog50

Pictures with a demonstrator carrying a HARM on a LAU attached
to a bomb rack only show that the Strike Eagle is capable of
"carrying" the missile. Was there any weapon system making it capable
of acquiring, tracking, targeting and launching associated with it?
As a former Prowler guy, HARM and SEAD is a very complex
mission, requiring more than just a platform and "weapon package"
associated with it.
ALQ-99 receivers are used on the EA-6B to "acquire" the RADAR,
I'm not sure what the C/J's use, did the Koreans buy the same system
as the C/J's use?
There is the longstanding arguement on which a/c is better at
SEAD, the Prowler or the C/J, which is debateable. But in the Jamming
mission, (both RADAR and COMM's) nothing comes close to the Prowler.

Old January 30th 04, 02:46 PM
Brett

"fudog50" wrote:
Pictures with a demonstrator carrying a HARM on a LAU attached
to a bomb rack only show that the Strike Eagle is capable of
"carrying" the missile. Was there any weapon system making it capable
of acquiring, tracking, targeting and launching associated with it?

Doesn't Raython market the HARM Targeting System as being suitable for
almost any MIL-STD-1553 compatible aircraft with a RWR. The F-15E has the
ALR-56, and is I believe MIL-STD-1553 compatible.