Maybe GWB isn't lying.......

Old February 2nd 04, 07:35 AM
Steve R.

"Tom Cervo" wrote in message
An odd thing about politicians. When Clinton was in office and he came to

the
Pentagon to make a speech, the brass had to force people to attend. That

was
NOT the case with either Bush (41) or Bush (43). The troop like President
Bush.
Period.

How many Guardsmen do you know?

Well, the ones on the base I've been active at for the last two years surely
seem to like that we're under his command instead of Algore. (roughly 1,000
personnel)
Steve R.

Old February 2nd 04, 08:01 AM
Steve R.

And another thing.... ;o)
When Clinton landed at our base during the elections nobody in our shop
would even walk across the base to see him. When we heard Pres. Bush landed
on the carrier, and when he went to Iraq during Thanksgiving it made us very
proud that he would remember us like that. He was thousands of miles from us
geographically, but he was with us in spirit.
Steve R.

Old February 2nd 04, 01:54 PM
George Z. Bush

JD wrote:
The media and most democrats charge President Bush lied to the American
people and led us into a war over oil. Even if you disregard GWB 1 and the
war re Kuwait, in any attempt to be fair, you have to take these quotes into
consideration:

(Irrelevant quotes deleted)

Now who's lying?

If we are to believe our President, clearly the intelligence community that
provided our legislators with misleading and inaccurate data either were lying
or were grossly imcompetent, and he should have fired them as soon as he made
that determination.

To my knowledge, he has not yet addressed that problem.

George Z.

Old February 2nd 04, 04:18 PM
Kevin Brooks

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
JD wrote:
The media and most democrats charge President Bush lied to the American
people and led us into a war over oil. Even if you disregard GWB 1 and

the
war re Kuwait, in any attempt to be fair, you have to take these quotes

into
consideration:

(Irrelevant quotes deleted)

Among those "irrelevant" quotesd were a number of statements predating the
GWB Presidency asserting that Iraq was continuing to develop, and/or had
stockpiled, WMD's, from prominent Democrats like Clinton, Kerry, Levin, etc.
Odd how some folks want to hang Bush for making similar statements, but are
all too willing to completely ignore the earlier comments from the other
side of the aisle, isn't it?

Now who's lying?

If we are to believe our President, clearly the intelligence community

that
provided our legislators with misleading and inaccurate data either were

lying
or were grossly imcompetent, and he should have fired them as soon as he

made
that determination.

But then you'd have to toss in the majority of the intel services around the
globe, as it appears most thought the Iraqis did indeed have hidden stocks
of WMD, and/or violations of UN Res 687 (which indeed was the case). Were
they all "grossly incompetent"?

To my knowledge, he has not yet addressed that problem.

Gee, you never held that same failure to address any intel failure against
Mr. Clinton, who bought into the same story. Why the double standard?

Brooks

George Z.

Old February 2nd 04, 04:22 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Tom Cervo" wrote in message
An odd thing about politicians. When Clinton was in office and he came to

the
Pentagon to make a speech, the brass had to force people to attend. That

was
NOT the case with either Bush (41) or Bush (43). The troop like President
Bush.
Period.

How many Guardsmen do you know?

A fairly good number, including quite a few from Tennessee who are now in
Iraq. And yes, most of them (from Al's home state no less) seemed to prefer
Bush to Gore by far, so your point would be...?

Brooks

Old February 2nd 04, 04:32 PM
Kevin Brooks

"fudog50" wrote in message
I don't know any, but recently all the media has been printing
about Guardsmen is they are squealing about having to get called up
for duty. The articles are from SOLDIERS (guardsmen) bawling about,
"this isn't what we signed up for".
LOL, if this is true, I refuse to believe that a grown man
that has reaped all the benefits (pay, education, etc.) would howl
about fulfilling his end of an oath to his country and contract that
he signed and swore to.

Beware believeing the media's attempts to find the minority whiners and
portray them as representing the majority. If you go through the numbers for
ARNG units activated for ODS you will find an extremely high rate of
participation in the units that were called up. We have seen a significant
number of units activated for the current ongoing operations, and AFAIK the
result is the same. I recently ran into a guy who just finished an active
duty stint with his unit--his only gripe was that his unit was not allowed
to do their real combat mission and instead had been siphoned off to perform
security support here in CONUS. I know of two units from this state that are
in Iraq for the second time (having also done the ODS tour years ago), and a
lot of their members have made both trips, with no reported whining in the
press (I have little doubt some of them would rather be back home by now,
having deployed at about the same time the war kicked off, but wouldn't YOU
feel the same?).

Brooks

Old February 2nd 04, 05:14 PM
Rick Folkers

Your ignorant acceptance of his BS really lets the country and the
military down.

His greatest insult to the country and military was starting a war over
a lie or, at best, something he was dead wrong on. We deserve to die
for the truth, at least. Keep living in your dream world.

"fudog50" wrote in message
You are seriously Wrong, he does a great job supporting us!
You couldn't be further from the Truth. But everytime he shows
support, people like you spin it up into a "political statement for
his re-election" what a bucket of **** you lay. Speaking of Clinton,
every Navy unit I was in despised him and we hoped to God he never
payed us a visit.
Just like the whole WMD arguement you are trying to debate
now! The original Poster of this thread hit the nail on the head.
Nobody has that kind of power, including the President. What,
you can't make up your own mind? Did he hypnotize you into believing
what he (and everyone else) was saying about Saddams possesion of
WMD's? I guess he just hypnotized every Democrat and media agent into
beleiving it too! LOL, get a clue, this thing ain't over yet.
Your kind also bashed Pres. Bush daily about "his" inability
to find Saddam, like it was him personally out there searching for
him! hahaha! Then, when we did find him, you spun it all up into a
bucket of **** about how "inhumane" he was treated, and how much
better the Iraqi people would be with him still in power. And nobody
gloated, just were very satisfied and showed pleasure at him being
caught, and brought to justice.
So what will your kind say when we catch Bin Laden?
What will you say when we find the evidence Saddam had WMD's
and destroyed and moved them because he was scared about getting
attacked and overthrown? Don't you think that military force worked?
What the hell are you thinking? That we will threaten him with
scorched earth if he doesn't comply with the worlds laws, and then not
act?

people like you On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:58:38 -0600, "Rick Folkers"
wrote:

Too bad he does not support them better.

Subject: Maybe GWB isn't lying.......
From: "Rick Folkers"
Date: 2/1/2004 4:23 PM Central Standard Time
...[T]he contempt with which he held the people and
the brave men and women of the military in taking them to war over a

false
reason makes him just another low life politician.

An odd thing about politicians. When Clinton was in office and he came

the
Pentagon to make a speech, the brass had to force people to attend.

That
was
NOT the case with either Bush (41) or Bush (43). The troop like

President
Bush.
Period.

Ed
"The French couldn't hate us any
more unless we helped 'em out in another war."
--Will Rogers

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)

Old February 2nd 04, 10:00 PM
fudog50

so do you too, but more of it!

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:14:34 -0600, "Rick Folkers"
wrote:

Your ignorant acceptance of his BS really lets the country and the
military down.

His greatest insult to the country and military was starting a war over
a lie or, at best, something he was dead wrong on. We deserve to die
for the truth, at least. Keep living in your dream world.

.. .

Old February 2nd 04, 10:02 PM
fudog50

I know it's the media, that was my point, thanks Kevin.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:32:00 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

.. .