Anyone else got "The Cold"?

Old January 6th 05, 05:45 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Mostly I just need my voice back to be able to function at the hotel.

Jay Honeck

A couple days on the antibiotic will bring the sinus infection under
control, and you voice back. Tell Mary that her joy of not hearing you will
be short lived. :-)

Antihistamine (the sleepy kind) will also help, as will a shot of whiskey
and honey)
--
Jim in NC

Old January 6th 05, 03:39 PM
Jay Honeck

Antihistamine (the sleepy kind) will also help, as will a shot of whiskey
and honey)

I've found the best cough syrup, hand's down, is a liqueur called "Green
Chartreuse".

It's 110 proof, is made by Benedictine monks in France (hey -- what else is
there to do?), and makes me sleep like a baby! Being green, it even looks
like Nyquil!

Trouble is, my friends have taken a liking to it as well, and it's forty
bucks a bottle...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 05, 04:47 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Trouble is, my friends have taken a liking to it as well, and it's forty
bucks a bottle...

So go buy a king-size bottle of Nyquil, pour it down the drain, and refill with
your French brew. Then hide the Nyquil bottle.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 6th 05, 04:59 PM
Jay Honeck

So go buy a king-size bottle of Nyquil, pour it down the drain, and refill
with
your French brew. Then hide the Nyquil bottle.

Heeeey... You're a sneaky old cuss, George. Great idea!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 05, 06:28 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:59:35 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

So go buy a king-size bottle of Nyquil, pour it down the drain, and refill
with your French brew. Then hide the Nyquil bottle.

Heeeey... You're a sneaky old cuss, George. Great idea!

and with this solution you can also hide that you are using something
*gasp* ... French.

:-)

#m
--
Oh. God. What have we done.
Old January 6th 05, 09:59 PM
Jay Honeck

and with this solution you can also hide that you are using something
*gasp* ... French.

I *have* found it deeply disturbing that I actually like something made by
the French.

I've been able to justify it thusly: St. Benedict was Italian. Therefore
the Benedictine monks who brew the wicked potion called Green Chartreuse
are, in fact, Italian, regardless of where they currently reside.

:-)

(BTW: My Dad discovered the stuff when he was stationed in France in World
War II. From the time I turned 21 until he died in 1993, he would bring
out a thimble-full of the stuff on special occasions. For some reason, even
though it tastes a lot like Jet-A, I learned to like the stuff.... Although
you can only take it in small doses. )
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 05, 10:10 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:59:43 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

and with this solution you can also hide that you are using something
*gasp* ... French.

I *have* found it deeply disturbing that I actually like something made by
the French.

???

I've been able to justify it thusly: St. Benedict was Italian. Therefore
the Benedictine monks who brew the wicked potion called Green Chartreuse
are, in fact, Italian, regardless of where they currently reside.

well ...

:-)

the smiley helps. a bit.

(BTW: My Dad discovered the stuff when he was stationed in France in World
War II. From the time I turned 21 until he died in 1993, he would bring
out a thimble-full of the stuff on special occasions. For some reason, even
though it tastes a lot like Jet-A, I learned to like the stuff.... Although
you can only take it in small doses. )

there are some things I have handy in similar situations ... they do
wonders.

#m
--
http://www.terranova.net/content/images/goering.jpg
Old January 6th 05, 10:21 PM
Jay Honeck

well ...

:-)

the smiley helps. a bit.

Oh, hell, Martin. My mother's maiden name was "Errard" -- very French
Canadian. We can't run from our heritage...

Of course, the Errards were the smart ones, who actually left France...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 05, 10:26 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:21:29 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

the smiley helps. a bit.

Oh, hell, Martin.

*hehe*

My mother's maiden name was "Errard" -- very French
Canadian. We can't run from our heritage...

oh. an outing! :-)))

Of course, the Errards were the smart ones, who actually left France...

rumors are that many had the option "hanging or America". :-))

;-)

#m

--
http://www.terranova.net/content/images/goering.jpg
Old January 6th 05, 10:49 PM
Jay Honeck

rumors are that many had the option "hanging or America". :-))

Nah, that was Australia.

Although my very German great-great-great-grand-father left absolutely no
tracks leading back to the "old country"...

After extensive (and fruitless) research, I've come to the conclusion that
he was on the run.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA