Beechcraft sold

Old December 28th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Beechcraft sold

On 2006-12-27, Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:
Beechcraft makes great planes but the thought of them having to stand up
what the average 150 has lived through is scary.

I dunno - the Bonanza is a tough plane. I used to regularly fly an S-35
in and out of an "airfield" that was essentially graded cow pasture.
Plenty of prop clearance and landing gear that's happy with rough
fields.

Is it safe to assume that the S-35 wasn't regularly flown by a bevy of
low/dang near no time students?

Old December 28th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

The [Cirrus] side stick is in your left (dominant) hand. For the very short
periods of time you need to write something down, then it should stay
put if properly trimmed without needing an autopilot.

I flew a cirrus once (about an hour's worth) and found that the pitch
trim was very sensitive. It's also all-electric, so you can't tweak it
by hand. So, if the air is a little bumpy, it may need more attention
than usual to keep altitude manually.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old January 2nd 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

john smith wrote:
The WSJ had a little more information on Onyx.
They are purchasing aviation assests where they can find them.
They purchased a former Boeing division and are not contracting with
Boeing to produce fuselages.

Which Boeing unit?

Old January 2nd 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Boeing Commercial in Wichita. The military plant is still
Boeing.