Good Kids

Old November 26th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Default Good Kids

Jay's posts about his son and flying remind me
of the family of my hanger mate.

Saturday morning, my instructor and I were standing
outside the hanger talking. A car pulls up full
of teenagers. I recognize at least 2 of them as
my hanger mate's kids and I know from talking to
him that they have PPL's.

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

Good kids.
Old November 26th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

"Each of them doing a portion of the preflight."

OTOH, at least they did one. There was a guy with a Warrior in Troutdale
who "filled up his tanks when he was done flying" so that when it was time
to go he could just hop in and take off. Don't know whatever happened to
him, but the last time I saw his airplane he'd left the storm window open,
to the apparent joy of a family of swallows.

-c

Old November 26th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 26, 1:52 pm, "Gatt" wrote:
"Jim Stewart" wrote in message

.. .

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

"Each of them doing a portion of the preflight."

OTOH, at least they did one. There was a guy with a Warrior in Troutdale
who "filled up his tanks when he was done flying" so that when it was time
to go he could just hop in and take off. Don't know whatever happened to
him, but the last time I saw his airplane he'd left the storm window open,
to the apparent joy of a family of swallows.

-c

Hey, at least there were experienced flyers in the left seat!
Old November 27th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Gatt" wrote in message

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

"Each of them doing a portion of the preflight."

OTOH, at least they did one. There was a guy with a Warrior in Troutdale
who "filled up his tanks when he was done flying" so that when it was time
to go he could just hop in and take off. Don't know whatever happened to
him, but the last time I saw his airplane he'd left the storm window open,
to the apparent joy of a family of swallows.

Was that an African swallow, or a European swallow?

Old November 27th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message

Don't know whatever happened to him, but the last time I saw his
airplane he'd left the storm window open, to the apparent joy of a family
of swallows.

Was that an African swallow, or a European swallow?

Might have been sparrows or starlings for all I know. They all poop the
same. Sure did a number to his interior.

-c

Old November 27th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Gatt wrote:
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message

Don't know whatever happened to him, but the last time I saw his
airplane he'd left the storm window open, to the apparent joy of a family
of swallows.

Was that an African swallow, or a European swallow?

Might have been sparrows or starlings for all I know. They all poop the
same. Sure did a number to his interior.

But what is airspeed velocity of an unladen starling?
Old November 27th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Gatt" wrote in message

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
.. .

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

"Each of them doing a portion of the preflight."

And???

What's wrong with "You do the left, I'll do the right"?

My brother and I did that all the time. Communication and Trust.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old November 27th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Jim Stewart writes:

Jay's posts about his son and flying remind me
of the family of my hanger mate.

Saturday morning, my instructor and I were standing
outside the hanger talking. A car pulls up full
of teenagers. I recognize at least 2 of them as
my hanger mate's kids and I know from talking to
him that they have PPL's.

We watch as they pile out of the car, swarm over
the Piper Arrow with each of them doing a portion
of the preflight, push the plane out and mount
up. The tallest girl takes the left seat, yells
"clear prop" and they are off.

Good kids.

As compared to?

Retards that live in the basement, play with nothing but themselves and
their computers, and are totally convinced they know everything, when they
really don't know ****. Granted the majority, but useless just the same.

Old November 27th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

What's wrong with "You do the left, I'll do the right"?

My brother and I did that all the time. Communication and Trust.

When we used to tie down outside, Margy would hop into the cockpit
and volunteer to do that part of the preflight while I did the outside.