Rubber Stamp ???

Old January 25th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Rubber Stamp ???

I need one of those rubber stamps that say 'I certify that this aircraft has
been inspected in accordance with------".

They used to be advertised all over a few years ago, now I can't find one
anywhere.

Can someone give me a lead?

Thanks

Paul
N1431A

Old January 25th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

That's because Word in label mode makes up a sheet of 30 labels at less than
a tenth of a cent a label, and you can put your own name and certificate
number directly on the label. My PMI suggests that when you do the wet ink
signature that you cut a corner of the label with the ink so that if anybody
attempts to remove the label it leaves a "hole" in their logbook that may be
difficult to explain.

I have three labels for each annual -- airframe, engine, and propeller. If
you like, I'll port you the Word file that they come from and you can make
the appropriate changes to name and certificate number.

Jim

Old January 26th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I print mine on label type paper too ( actually one label per page
size) with several of those statements seperated by a gap and then just
cut them to size. You could even add the ELT test statement and other
yearly requirement statements as a set.

Old January 26th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"abripl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I print mine on label type paper too ( actually one label per page
size) with several of those statements seperated by a gap and then just
cut them to size. You could even add the ELT test statement and other
yearly requirement statements as a set.

I know I have the word-for-word text for an Experimental - amateur built
annual inspection around here someplace (behind the futon in a briefcase, I
think). So far I have just copied it in rather illegible printing in my
logbook up at the hangar, duplicating what I think I wrote the year before.

The label idea is great! Would someone please quote the wording here so I
can cut and paste it into Word to print up a page of labels? Yeah, I'm just
trying to avoid hauling that briefcase out.

Thanks,
Rich S.

Old January 26th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:15:13 -0800, "Rich S."
wrote:

I know I have the word-for-word text for an Experimental - amateur built
annual inspection around here someplace (behind the futon in a briefcase, I
think). So far I have just copied it in rather illegible printing in my
logbook up at the hangar, duplicating what I think I wrote the year before.

The label idea is great! Would someone please quote the wording here so I
can cut and paste it into Word to print up a page of labels?

"Sh*t, man, go fly!"
+ name, certificate number, and date

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:08:23 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

That's because Word in label mode makes up a sheet of 30 labels at less than
a tenth of a cent a label, and you can put your own name and certificate
number directly on the label. My PMI suggests that when you do the wet ink
signature that you cut a corner of the label with the ink so that if anybody
attempts to remove the label it leaves a "hole" in their logbook that may be
difficult to explain.

I'll put a plug in for one of my favorite pieces of computer hardwa A
Brother QL-500 label printer. It plugs into the USB port, and prints onto a
long roll of label material. I rarely have to use a whole Avery 30-label sheet,
and the Brother beats using those weird little half-sheets and play with Word to
print in the next open position. With the label printer, I can highlight the
address or text in Word, press the label-print button on the Word toolbar, and
out she pops. I bought mine for something like $60 with one of those 20%
coupons the office-supply stores usually have.

Ron Wanttaja
Old January 26th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote:
The label idea is great! Would someone please quote the wording here so I
can cut and paste it into Word to print up a page of labels?

"Sh*t, man, go fly!"
+ name, certificate number, and date

"But, honest, Inspector . . . Mr. Wanttaja *said* that was it!"

Rich "5 to 7 with good behavior" S.

Old January 26th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

If you haven't got a local stamp maker, try www.rubberstamps.com
Old January 26th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Tri-Pacer" wrote:

I need one of those rubber stamps that say 'I certify that this aircraft

has
been inspected in accordance with------".

They used to be advertised all over a few years ago, now I can't find

one
anywhere.

Can someone give me a lead?

Thanks

Paul
N1431A

If you haven't got a local stamp maker, try www.rubberstamps.com

Office Depot, and possibly Office Max and/or Staples, can order custom
stamps from the service desk--where you order/pick-up copying and stapling.
They are the kind with the internal reservoir, rather than the old stamp and
pad, which makes good economic sense when you are ordering custom work.
Then the only changes from the old days will be that the face of your stamp
won't gather dust and your won't have to search for the pad--and then curse
because it dried out. Actually any office supply, and probably a lot of
printers, can order stamps for you.

Peter

Rubber stamp??? Tri-Pacer Owning 13 January 28th 06 07:04 PM
Rubber fuel cells Mike Rapoport Owning 15 September 17th 05 12:54 PM
Whites Blast Non-white Rubber Neckers Paminifarm Military Aviation 3 September 14th 04 05:46 AM
Rubber Tail Skid Installation Brian Iten Soaring 3 June 23rd 04 02:22 AM
Rubber Bushing Replacement Boelkowj Home Built 8 December 12th 03 12:45 AM