NACO Plates/How do you hold them?

Old October 26th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default NACO Plates/How do you hold them?

I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke boards.
One plate or the whole book. I have designed a little gadget that makes this
easy but have no idea whether the market wants such a gadget or not. I did;
that's why I designed it.

TIA.
Old October 26th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ross

Mitty wrote:
I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke
boards. One plate or the whole book. I have designed a little gadget
that makes this easy but have no idea whether the market wants such a
gadget or not. I did; that's why I designed it.

TIA.

I get the loose leaf sets and just take out what I need for that flight.
I bought the binders from Sportys

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old October 26th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Mitty wrote:
I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke
boards. One plate or the whole book.

I like the loose leaf version that allows me to remove what I want and
easily replace it when I'm done. Frequently used plates are in the
plastic sleeves sold by most pilot shops.

Mine are simply clipped to my kneeboard in a stack. I'll put the
airport diagram on a yoke clip, when I need one.
Old October 26th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I put the whole book in my lap and use paper clips to keep it open to
a certain page. I'm too damn disorganized to pull out loose leafs and
go on more than a couple of flights without losing them or getting
them way out of order.

Peter

Old October 26th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Doug Carter

On 2007-10-26, Mitty wrote:
I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke boards.
One plate or the whole book.

I keep a more or less recent copy of bound plates for unexpected stops and
print current plates from AOPA for the actual flight. I keep the printed
copies on a clipboard along with the enroute charts and flightplan.

The clipboard spends most of its time in the gap between the front seats.
Old October 27th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Andrew Sarangan

On Oct 26, 11:24 am, Mitty wrote:
I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke boards.
One plate or the whole book. I have designed a little gadget that makes this
easy but have no idea whether the market wants such a gadget or not. I did;
that's why I designed it.

TIA.

I print them out on 8.5x11 sheets and clip them to the yoke, but I
carry the NACO book just in case.

Old October 27th 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Whiting

Mitty wrote:
I am curious how people hold their NACO plates on kneeboards and yoke
boards. One plate or the whole book. I have designed a little gadget
that makes this easy but have no idea whether the market wants such a
gadget or not. I did; that's why I designed it.

I use the loose leaf plates in binders from Sporty's. I remove the
plates for the upcoming destination and clip them on my homemade knee
board (just an office clip board with felt glued to the back). I can
then easily pull out the particular plate needed and clip it to the yoke
clip. And if the approach changes, I can easily swap the plate from the
yoke to the clip board.

Matt
Old October 29th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Manes

I open them to the page I want, fold it over and put a big gorilla clip to
hold it there. I hold it in my lap when flying the approach otherwise it's
on top of the organizer between seats.
I have tried other ways but this works best for me.

Mark
N28409
WC5I

Old October 29th 07, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Mark Manes wrote:
I open them to the page I want, fold it over and put a big gorilla clip to
hold it there. I hold it in my lap when flying the approach otherwise it's
on top of the organizer between seats.
I have tried other ways but this works best for me.

Ditto. I used to use Jepps and would pull out the individual pages at the
beginning of the flight and clip them to a kneeboard. Later when I started
flying cargo, I was provided with the NOS charts and started doing as you do.
As much as I loved those Jepps, the update program was and is a major PITA.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

NACO charts Michael Ware Piloting 13 December 1st 05 11:10 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Owning 12 December 1st 05 11:10 PM
NACO charts Michael Ware Instrument Flight Rules 12 December 1st 05 11:10 PM
Jep p or NACO Charts? Judah Instrument Flight Rules 66 December 9th 04 04:34 AM
NACO approach plates J Haggerty Instrument Flight Rules 8 April 19th 04 04:04 AM