Logbook Pro

Old December 22nd 03, 05:21 AM
John T

Default Logbook Pro

"BoDEAN" wrote in message

thinking of using it on my pda as well as my pc.
Anyone use it on their pda? how do you like it

I looked at it and thought it was just too expensive for the type of flying
I do (mostly recreational) compared to what it offers.

What features are you looking for in a logbook app?

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old December 22nd 03, 06:02 AM
BTIZ

I've used it for years... not the PDA version... works great.. done the same
with an excel spreadsheet.. but the data searches and breakouts in LogBook
Pro are already done for me..

if you use the right rules when inputting the flights.. makes extractions
for FAA 8710s and insurance hour information a lot easier. Breakouts by
aircraft make/model, performance levels and currency expirations..

BT

Anyone use logbook pro ? thinking of using it on my pda as well as my

Old December 22nd 03, 01:57 PM
Peter MacPherson

I use Logbook Pro on my PC and on my PDA. I think it's a great
product. If you're a CFI and carry a PDA then this feature is really
nice. You can add your times and details between students and then
sync it to your desktop Logbook Pro at the end of the day.

Old December 22nd 03, 05:09 PM
Bill Zaleski

SafeLog is much better and cheaper. I don't know if it runs on a PDA
though.

Old December 22nd 03, 05:29 PM
Ishtar Kabibble

It appears that a PDA version is on the way. Sometime.

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Safelog/

Refer to the "Safelog: To Do List" sidebar piece.

-0-
Ish

Old December 23rd 03, 02:03 AM
Joe Young

"BoDEAN" wrote in message
Anyone use logbook pro ? thinking of using it on my pda as well as my
pc.
Anyone use it on their pda? how do you like it

The timing of your post in interesting. I actually bought and downloaded
Logbook Pro yesterday morning, and entered 520 flight hours worth of data,
by last night. I like the functionality, particularly the reporting and
currency capabilities. I also like the capabilities of setting up "Custom"
fields, and them being able to incorporate those fields into currency calcs,
etc.... The program seems to be very comprehensive IMHO.

I was actually just about ready to build an access database app, when I
found Logbook Pro. I have heard several complain about the price of these
applications (electronic logbooks), but at ~$70...why waste time
"re-inventing the wheel". The pda capabilities are a nice, but I will
likely not use them anytime soon...

I have always kept copies of my logs in a safe deposit
box...usually...updated once per year. This weekend I was contemplating
doing the same again, when I realized there was about 250 hours and an
instrument rating logged since the last time I made copies. (I saw visions
of my beagle snacking on my log books) Having an electronic log seems like
a great way to protect a significant investment.