New England Cherokee 140 Rental

Old January 3rd 05, 08:17 PM
Rob Montgomery

Default New England Cherokee 140 Rental

A quick question... is there anyplace in New England that has a Cherokee 140
on the line for rental/instruction? A partner and I are in the process of
looking at airplanes to buy, and the 140 seems pretty good. But, he's never
flown one (primary a high-wing type), and wants to try one before wasting
too much time.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks,

-Rob

Old January 3rd 05, 08:25 PM
Jim Burns

Rob,
You can search for rentals in your area at www.private2atp.com. You may
have to sign up to search for a specific make/model.
Jim

Old January 4th 05, 01:22 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Rob Montgomery" wrote:

A quick question... is there anyplace in New England that has a Cherokee 140
on the line for rental/instruction?

try Executive Flyers at KBED. They used to have one - don't know if they
still do.

I'd offer a ride in mine, but I converted it to 160hp so you might not
consider it a fair test.

btw - the 140 doesn't feel all that different from the warrior.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old January 4th 05, 02:43 AM
Steve Foley

I agree with Bob on the 140/Warrior comparison.

Performance is pretty similar (mine is also 160HP, as was one of the
Warriors I flew), except for power off glide. The 140 drops like a rock,
where the taper wing warrior floats more. Stall characteristics are similar.

A few years ago, I flew with four other planes from Massachusetts to
Oshkosh. 2 160HP Skyhawks, 2 160HP Warriors, and my 160HP 140. We all pretty
much flew the same speed, at the same power settings, with the same fuel
burns. The exception was one of the Skyhawks that was out of rig.

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rob Montgomery" wrote:

A quick question... is there anyplace in New England that has a Cherokee

140
on the line for rental/instruction?

try Executive Flyers at KBED. They used to have one - don't know if they
still do.

I'd offer a ride in mine, but I converted it to 160hp so you might not
consider it a fair test.

btw - the 140 doesn't feel all that different from the warrior.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Aircraft Rental at Akureyri, Iceland? David Piloting 0 May 30th 04 11:24 PM
Rental policy Robert Piloting 83 May 13th 04 05:29 PM
Rental Arrow Mark Rademaker Piloting 0 March 31st 04 08:52 PM
CBS Newsflash: Rental trucks pose imminent and grave danger to national security Ron Lee Piloting 4 January 15th 04 03:07 PM
Iowa City / Cedar Rapids rental aircraft Bartscher Piloting 8 December 17th 03 01:01 AM