flying in Argentina

Old April 21st 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default flying in Argentina

A really exiting flight experience for pilots and their friends.

A flight adventure into the infinite width of the Argentine landscape.

More than 3,100 miles in approx. 27 flying hours.

A led x-country flight by seven different climatic and geographical
regions, in which you will set lifelong new yardsticks for your
aeronautical and personal horizon.

An adventure flight like once Antoine de Saint Exupery during his time
at the Aeroposta.

So long,

Bienvenido a Argentina y autorizado al despegue!!

let's give a look up: http://www.argentinafly.com and for any
questions let's contact me at anytime

Arturo

Old April 21st 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

It sounds like the exciting experience would be jumping through all the
flaming hoops of red tape:

QUALIFICATION

Flight experience: At least 150 hours as PIC 20 of it in the last 12
months.
Valid PPL and Medical (JAR FCL) Radio Operator Certificate
Valid passport (Minimum 3 months starting from arrival at Buenos Aires)
International health insurance accident insurance/return motion
Questionnaires form for announcing and general trading conditions signed
and dispatch.
For solo flyers sufficient Spanish knowledge and
Certified Logbook by the competent authorities and certified by the foreign
ministrty and the argentinine consular authorities of your home country.

I don't see anything onerous about these requirements - they are typical
of any tour group, modified for the case where the tourists are flying
through foreign airspace.

I would only wonder about two things:

1: the "JAR FCL" requirement. (is a US issued license, medical, and
radio license sufficient?)

2: What is this "questionnaire"? The sentence doesn't parse properly.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 21st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

?
--
Dallas
Old April 21st 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

- For solo flyers sufficient Spanish knowledge

They don't want to have to provide translators in the plane with you.
This is a very reasonable requirement - you are alone in a foreign
country. Speak the language - at least well enough to get by.

The whole point of a "guided tour" is that the tour members depend on
the tour arrangers for certain things. They are being explicit that
basic language assistance is not one of those things if you choose to
fly alone.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 21st 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
601XL Builder

Jose wrote:
- For solo flyers sufficient Spanish knowledge

They don't want to have to provide translators in the plane with you.
This is a very reasonable requirement - you are alone in a foreign
country. Speak the language - at least well enough to get by.

The whole point of a "guided tour" is that the tour members depend on
the tour arrangers for certain things. They are being explicit that
basic language assistance is not one of those things if you choose to
fly alone.

Jose

But English is the official language for flight operations
internationally is it not?
Old April 21st 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

But English is the official language for flight operations internationally is it not?

It is. I think the concern isn't in-flight language, but rather, after
landing, when you need to find a bathroom or buy a taco. I suspect they
reasonably want you to be able to function in a Spanish speaking country
on your own.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 30th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 21, 6:22 pm, Jose wrote:
But English is the official language for flight operations internationally is it not?

It is. I think the concern isn't in-flight language, but rather, after
landing, when you need to find a bathroom or buy a taco. I suspect they
reasonably want you to be able to function in a Spanish speaking country
on your own.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.

Dear friends,

thank you Jose, you will became the first price as assistant, in fact,
you had understood the meaning of all.

but...

even English is an international ICAO language as well Spanish,
Russian, and French, the local aeronautical laws and regulations in
Argentina would not allow the foreign pilot to fly into national
airspace with a LV matriculated aircraft whiteout fluent Spanish
knowledge. May be would not be in accordance to ICAO norms but this is
a fact.

best regards

arturo

Old May 1st 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC[_2_]

Do you have to be fluent in Spanish? Or maybe I should ask how fluent do I have
to be? I can get by in Spanish, we call it Tourist Spanish. I can find
something eat, find a hotel and rent a room. And the to most impotent Spanish
sentences.

Dos cervezas, por favor.
¿Dónde está el baño?

On 30 Apr 2007 01:25:59 -0700, wrote:

Argentina would not allow the foreign pilot to fly into national
airspace with a LV matriculated aircraft whiteout fluent Spanish
knowledge.

GeorgeC
Old May 1st 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 30, 10:15 pm, GeorgeC wrote:
Do you have to be fluent in Spanish? Or maybe I should ask how fluent do I have
to be? I can get by in Spanish, we call it Tourist Spanish. I can find
something eat, find a hotel and rent a room. And the to most impotent Spanish
sentences.

Dos cervezas, por favor.
¿Dónde está el baño?

On 30 Apr 2007 01:25:59 -0700, wrote:

Argentina would not allow the foreign pilot to fly into national
airspace with a LV matriculated aircraft whiteout fluent Spanish
knowledge.

GeorgeC

well george,
is my English fluent or not? i guess it is not to write a novel, may
be enough to operate radio contact with a tower and very good to enjoy
a trip through miami )

law requires fluent Spanish, i guess to avoid misunderstands during a
special VFR or Taxing a busy airport and so one. Well what is fluent?
will depend in fact on your own discretion and ultimately of the
authorities.

to avoid these bureaucratic steps and furthermore to help you, assist
and guide you, I willl enjoy the trip at your side, be your personal
assistant and will make sure, that you get a very confortable trip,
also with más cervezas if needed or eatch other desire

saludos

arturo