Coronavirus impacting activities?

Old March 17th 20, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Coronavirus impacting activities?

Tony don’t you dare cancel the 1-26 champs!! lol we will do our pilot meetings via email if we need to like the Seniors are doing now in FL.
Dan
Old March 18th 20, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Van Eyken

Belgian Airspace closed for all VFR traffic until 05/04 1100LOC.

Old March 18th 20, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wow that is wild.
Old March 18th 20, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 10:53:21 AM UTC-4, wrote:
https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/

“When you are dealing with a virus outbreak, you’re always behind where you think you are,” Fauci said. “So therefore, you’ve got to jump ahead and stay ahead of the curve.”

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci.
Old March 18th 20, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 1:12:55 PM UTC-4, John Godfrey (QT) wrote:
On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 10:53:21 AM UTC-4, wrote:
https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/

“When you are dealing with a virus outbreak, you’re always behind where you think you are,” Fauci said. “So therefore, you’ve got to jump ahead and stay ahead of the curve.”

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci.

They think they sound smart. I've an idea. To get ahead of the virus let's just jump to cremating the living.
Old March 19th 20, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 4:14:12 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
You're much more likely to pick up an infection at the grocery store than outdoors at a glider field.

Wouldn't hurt to wipe controls when changing pilots.

The most suspect location will be the clubhouse and other interior spaces.

There's a good chance this new virus will become endemic.

Solo flying in gliders and towplanes can comply with social distancing (6ft recommended in Nevada). Dual flying in gliders is more marginal. Dual flying in power planes with side-by-side seating doesn't satisfy social distancing.
Old March 19th 20, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Here in Telluride its typical that I go soaring and not interface with anyone.
I leave my house by myself.
Self rig my ship.
Call the towpilot on the phone.
Pushout by myself.
The tug rolls up.
I push my plane out, hook up the rope, get in,self launch.
Fly by myself.
Land by myself.
Pack up by myself.
Go home.
Seems I'm a club of one, monthly club meetings are relatively easy; being Pres, VP, CFO, Safety officer, launch director, maintenance director, bug washer and counselor all in one, makes for low stress, kinda lonely, but no drama.
Old March 19th 20, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I just received a notice that Air Sailing near Reno is shutting down for at least a month.

Bummer!

Lou
Old March 19th 20, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Marfa Gliders Soaring Center in southwest Texas is open.

Currently no Corona virus cases within 180 miles around the Big Bend area of Texas including the “big city” of Odessa-Midland, except for the long-neck variety of Corona beer.
Taking the usual precautions using Clorox Wipes on towplane headset mic’s, door handles, etc. Hangar doors are open for breezy ventilation.

Enjoying the fresh air and sunshine rather than the stale air and artificial light of bunker isolation, as it was noted that sunshine and fresh air could reduce the effects of the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918-1919, when overcrowded hospitals in Europe placed patients into well-ventilated tents outside and moved the cots into the sunshine on nice days. Positive results, per research papers from the National Instiute of Health report and other medical journals.

Maximum fresh air flying in my Schleicher ASK-13 with the convertible open cockpit "Cabriolet" option.

Green grass is sprouting and the Bluebonnet flowers are blooming (the official state flower of Texas.)

Burt Compton, CFIG, Designated Pilot Examiner (anywhere in the USA.), Trustee of the Soaring Safety Foundation, etc.

Coronavirus ProfJ Soaring 26 March 9th 20 08:23 PM
SUA activities for OSH bound pilots Jim Burns Piloting 1 July 22nd 05 03:33 PM
more activities at Chateauroux ? hugo36 Military Aviation 0 February 15th 04 03:05 AM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Home Built 36 November 17th 03 02:57 PM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Piloting 14 November 17th 03 02:57 PM