Coronavirus impacting activities?

Old March 20th 20, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default Coronavirus impacting activities?

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 9:49:52 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
Even without a pandemic, the elderly / sick have greater mortality

Lou

Mr. Tow,
2G is spot on. I hope you read up on the basics of epidemiology (i.e., common sense) and not spread this this untruth. Better yet, why not just delete it, please.
Another insanity: Calif Gov Newsom tonight issued a state at home mandate. He claims this was because someone at Johns Hopkins advised him that over half of the state's pop would/could get infected; or 25,500,000 (~765,000 deaths @ 3%) over the next 8 weeks. I'm for almost every measure suggested, but this will create even more panic.
Old March 20th 20, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Mr. Tow,
2G is spot on. You made this up, right? Take a minute and read up on the basics of epidemiology (i.e., common sense) and not spread this this untruth. Better yet, why not just delete it, please.
Another insanity: Calif Gov Newsom tonight issued a stay at home mandate. He claims this was because someone at Johns Hopkins advised him that over half of the state's pop would/could get infected; or 25,500,000 people (~765,000 deaths @ 3%) over the next 8 weeks. I'm for almost every measure he issued, but the way he announced it may promote more panic. I can only imagine he pulled Armageddon out of context somehow.
D.
Old March 20th 20, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Not much willing to learn....
Old March 20th 20, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Friday, 20 March 2020 07:41:51 UTC+2, Tango Whisky wrote:
Not much willing to learn....

Yes. My generation will go trough biggest recession since 1930's and pay all this as higher taxes, lost income etc. for the rest of our lives. And for what? To save few more years of life for elderly. What an absolute waist. Insanity.
Old March 20th 20, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Yes. My generation will go trough biggest recession since 1930's and pay
all this as higher taxes, lost income etc. for the rest of our lives. And
for what? To save few more years of life for elderly. What an absolute
waist. Insanity.

May I politely suggest you seriously read into what is happening in Europe,
particularly northern Italy, and reread your posting?

Old March 20th 20, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Friday, 20 March 2020 11:30:05 UTC+2, Eric Munk wrote:
Yes. My generation will go trough biggest recession since 1930's and pay
all this as higher taxes, lost income etc. for the rest of our lives. And
for what? To save few more years of life for elderly. What an absolute
waist. Insanity.

May I politely suggest you seriously read into what is happening in Europe,
particularly northern Italy, and reread your posting?

I was referring to individuals in this thread downplaying pandemic. I would very much like to not participate in protecting these idiots.
Old March 20th 20, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blue Whale

After seeing Burt's comments I think everyone should not just watch "The Sunship Game" during their isolation but also the wonderful Gregory Peck movie from 1959 "On the Beach."
Old March 20th 20, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 10:53:21 AM UTC-4, wrote:
https://xcmag.com/news/paragliding-a...irus-pandemic/

Meanwhile in Rome...
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/4u7iT4vqjeU
Old March 20th 20, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 03:55:02 -0700, Blue Whale wrote:

After seeing Burt's comments I think everyone should not just watch "The
Sunship Game" during their isolation but also the wonderful Gregory Peck
movie from 1959 "On the Beach."

.... or read the Neville Shute book the movie was based on.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old March 20th 20, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you stay home the virus wins. Curfews are the funniest bit, does the virus only hunt at night?

Coronavirus ProfJ Soaring 26 March 9th 20 08:23 PM
SUA activities for OSH bound pilots Jim Burns Piloting 1 July 22nd 05 03:33 PM
more activities at Chateauroux ? hugo36 Military Aviation 0 February 15th 04 03:05 AM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Home Built 36 November 17th 03 02:57 PM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Piloting 14 November 17th 03 02:57 PM