New Record?

Old December 21st 16, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default New Record?

Was just looking at OLC, and there has been at least one, 1,000KM + flight each day since December 3. Haven't looked back, but I suspect this is likely close to the longest string of days where this has happened. And if not for December 2nd, the string would go back to November 24th.

Good Soaring to one and all!

Steve Leonard
Old December 22nd 16, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

And here I am with our airfield covered with enough snow that I may have to assemble a team to dig a path from the gate to the clubhouse so we can load up the club G-103 in the trailer so we can take it down the valley to the maintenance shop for the annual. The closest I've come to soaring since the end of October was taking the club G-102 on the same trip in the blowing snow a few weeks ago! GRRRRRRRRR!

Damn, I wish I had the money to spend November through March in New Zealand..

That's an amazing string of days with big flights, fun to look at!
Old December 22nd 16, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Ah, yes, the white stuff. I recall the waist deep snow when I was a
member at Black Forest, and laying in the mud in the crawl space under
the club house fixing a plumbing leak. Here in NM (elevation 7,000
feet) I woke up to a dusting of snow which has changed to a drizzling
rain which will change back into snow. Still, we're looking forward to
a white Christmas.

But yes, New Zealand, Australia, Namibia would all be great!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Dan

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 22nd 16, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephan van den Berg

....and South Africa. On average the flights are much better here than in Australia and NZ I think (looking at what is being posted on OLC anyway).

New USA record Tom[_12_] Soaring 1 April 25th 14 10:16 AM
Record Highs/Record Lows Jay Honeck Piloting 12 October 12th 06 01:27 AM
Kerry' s war record VS. Bush War record. Steven P. McNicoll Military Aviation 0 July 22nd 04 04:18 PM
Kerry' s war record VS. Bush War record. ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 July 22nd 04 03:54 PM
For the record: I am not BWB Larry Smith Home Built 82 January 11th 04 05:06 AM