L-19 Bird Dog, Pilatus B-4 & Grob 102 for Sale

Old December 12th 16, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default L-19 Bird Dog, Pilatus B-4 & Grob 102 for Sale

Sandhill Soaring Club, located near Ann Arbor, MI, is consolidating its fleet.

It currently has a Pilatus B-4 (not rated for aerobatics) with an open trailer and a Grob 102 Astir CS with a clam-shell trailer available for sale. The G-102 will need to have its wings refinished in coming years but is currently airworthy (useful load of 220 lbs) and will be sold with fresh annual. The Pilatus will be sold with fresh annual as well.

We also have an L-19 "Bird Dog" for sale (asking $85k; negotiable); this is a great airplane for tow-pilot instruction.

Lastly, we are open to the possibility of leasing a Standard Cirrus, ASW-19b, Discus CS, 304-C, or similar for the 2017 season. Must have useful load of 242+ lbs.

Please e-mail me for more info.

Chris Schrader
treasurer[at]sandhillsoaring[dot]org
Old December 13th 16, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you're willing to share some more info about the B-4, I'd be happy to share some information on the Pilatus B4 facebook group.

Old December 24th 16, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader

There are several photos of the L-19 on the Wings and Wheels website. When you click on "Airplanes" it should be the first or second aircraft listing to appear. The person who knows the most about this aircraft is Fred Betzoldt and he has been authorized by our Board of Directors to sell the aircraft. The advertisement reads as follows:

1978 L-19 BIRD DOG CESSNA 305A - $82,995 OBO (Reduced Price!) AVAILABLE FOR SALE, N3837X, assembled by Ector from Cessna inventory. TT 1620, TSFR 245 on reman. Continental engine. Recent 24V battery, tires, brakes, oil cooler, and interior. Kx170B, Kt76A xpdr, intercom, and tow hook. Looks great with Army paint scheme, always hangared, flies straight and no damage history. Aircraft located in Brighton, MI. For more info contact Fred Betzoldt by phone at (517) 861-2073

Old December 24th 16, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader

The glider is a 1973 Pilatus B4-PC11 (serial no. 63); registration: N62516. It is NOT an "AF" model, nor is it rated for unlimited aerobatics. 2152 hours TT. The glider has retractable gear and comes with an open trailer. I have had several requests for information and will be accessing the logbooks to answer specific questions for 1-2 potential buyers. This glider is a club owned ship which has always been hangared since we've owned it. The glider will be delivered with fresh annual inspection. Please contact Chris for more info at: treasurer[at]sandhillsoaring[dot]org

Old December 24th 16, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Schrader

CLARIFICATION: We've had several requests for more info and I will be accessing the logbooks (located int he hangar) after the holiday. Any interested parties are encouraged to contact me as we will give serious consideration to any reasonable offer.