Where is MEPTE

Old May 24th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose

Default Where is MEPTE

How can I find out where the FAA thinks MEPTE is? On the NOS IFR charts
it's charted as in the water (or over it), but when I fly it, it's over
land. I know the NOS charts are not all that accurate (for topography)
but I'd like to know where it is, for a certification flight for our GPS.

Any ideas?

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 24th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/24/2007 12:08:55 PM, Jose wrote:

How can I find out where the FAA thinks MEPTE is? On the NOS IFR charts
it's charted as in the water (or over it), but when I fly it, it's over
land. I know the NOS charts are not all that accurate (for topography)
but I'd like to know where it is, for a certification flight for our GPS.

Any ideas?

I know it is not official, but Airnav's airspace/fix tab, which supposedly
pulls right from a current FAA nav database, shows MEPTE as 41-20-09.900N
073-57-50.100W.

http://www.airnav.com/airspace/fix/MEPTE

Again, not official but perhaps a starting point.

--
Peter
Old May 24th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

MEPTE

N41200990 41.336083
W073575010 -73.963917

From the DAFIF database

Old May 24th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Peter R. wrote:
On 5/24/2007 12:08:55 PM, Jose wrote:

How can I find out where the FAA thinks MEPTE is? On the NOS IFR charts
it's charted as in the water (or over it), but when I fly it, it's over
land. I know the NOS charts are not all that accurate (for topography)
but I'd like to know where it is, for a certification flight for our GPS.

Any ideas?

I know it is not official, but Airnav's airspace/fix tab, which supposedly
pulls right from a current FAA nav database, shows MEPTE as 41-20-09.900N
073-57-50.100W.

http://www.airnav.com/airspace/fix/MEPTE

Again, not official but perhaps a starting point.

Here's the entire record from the FAA's ATA100 FIX file:

MEPTE NEW YORK 41-20-09.900N
073-57-50.100WFIXIAP
Old May 24th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jose" wrote in message
et...

How can I find out where the FAA thinks MEPTE is? On the NOS IFR charts
it's charted as in the water (or over it), but when I fly it, it's over
land. I know the NOS charts are not all that accurate (for topography)
but I'd like to know where it is, for a certification flight for our GPS.

Any ideas?

According to FAA Order 7350.7 the FAA thinks MEPTE is found at
41-20-09.9000N 073-57-50.1000W. Looks like land to me.

http://mapper.acme.com/?lat=44.44416...ht=2&dot =Yes

Old May 25th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave S

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

According to FAA Order 7350.7 the FAA thinks MEPTE is found at
41-20-09.9000N 073-57-50.1000W. Looks like land to me.

http://mapper.acme.com/?lat=44.44416...ht=2&dot =Yes

Your map link shows down town green bay, wisconsin. The Coords in the
link do not match the coords listed above for MEPTE.
Old May 25th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose

According to FAA Order 7350.7 the FAA thinks MEPTE is found at
41-20-09.9000N 073-57-50.1000W. Looks like land to me.

http://mapper.acme.com/?lat=44.44416...ht=2&dot =Yes

Cool app! Thanks.

And thanks to everyone else who helped. I found my Mepte.
Unfortunately I couldn't use it, because the West Point restricted area
was hot. We just got a new 430W upgrade I was checking out, and a few
days ago when flying the GPS34 into SWF, I lost complete GPS coverage on
both attempts. Both times while over the (not hot) restricted area.

I wanted to try it again today, but no dice. I did some other
approaches and they worked out fine though. Any idea what might cause
such a LOS?

Jose
Old May 25th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

"Dave S" wrote in message
link.net...

Your map link shows down town green bay, wisconsin. The Coords in the link
do not match the coords listed above for MEPTE.

How odd.

Old May 25th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose

Your map link shows down town green bay, wisconsin.

Apparantly, like a few other google maps apps, the URL defaults, no
matter what, to some predetermined point.

Jose