Alright, All You Dashing, Swaggering Bush Pilots

Old August 12th 03, 11:42 PM
Larry Smith

Default Alright, All You Dashing, Swaggering Bush Pilots

What's the most hazardous landing strip you know? I just got a call from
my friend Teddy in craggy, mountainous West Virginny and he said to look on
page 38 of _Plane and Pilot,_ where a picture of Snopes Farm Airport glares
at you. Devilishly. One way in and one way out and you better set up
your approach carefully, fella. Teddy flies in there all the time. Take
a look at it, you machismo mushmellers.

Let us all know, by all means, how many of you have received badges of
courage for flying in and out of any of the runways described in the P&P
article. No touch and goes, now. You ain't going to do a touch-and-go at
Snopes anyway.

Old August 13th 03, 01:36 AM
nafod40

Larry Smith wrote:

What's the most hazardous landing strip you know?

The USS America operating in the North Atlantic during winter, 50 foot
seas.

"Damn it...Hold'er still if you want me to land on it!"

Mike
Old August 13th 03, 01:46 AM
Bernie the Bunion

Larry Smith wrote:

What's the most hazardous landing strip you know?

Wouldn't that be the landing strip that is directly in front of you
that you are trying to land on.
Old August 13th 03, 01:58 AM
Ditch

Wouldn't that be the landing strip that is directly in front of you
that you are trying to land on.

Why would you say that?

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*
Old August 13th 03, 02:17 AM
Jerry Springer

Ditch wrote:
Wouldn't that be the landing strip that is directly in front of you
that you are trying to land on.

Why would you say that?

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*

Because he is not a pilot.

Old August 13th 03, 03:50 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Latchless Larry Smith" grunted:

"Oinking Bubba --" wrote in message
.. .

[nothing worth remembering]

sigh

"Nothing worth remembering" ...is what has made Latchless
Larry what he is today - an unsuccessful lawyer, clueless pilot,
shameless homo erectus and failed procurer of aircraft canopy
latches from any reputable planet Earth source.

FWIW...
Expect lots more of same from Latchless Larry.
He is incapable of being shamed or embarrassed.

Barnyard BOb - 50 years of flight

Old August 13th 03, 05:01 PM
Kelly McArthur

"Larry Smith" wrote
What's the most hazardous landing strip you know?

Mile Hi, Idaho. No, I haven't been there. Nice picture though.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Ca.../selway_1.html
Old August 13th 03, 05:05 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Latchless Larry Smith" wrote:

Dagnab. Can't some of you guys make pictures of these landing strips for
Airnav? I guess I'm gonna have to git out mah old Canon SLR and fire up
the puddlejumper.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Pay no mind to brain dead Latchless Larry.

As usual he knows not of what he speaks.
To see what Swope Farm [WV11] looks like....

http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Be sure to read the commentary about 86 year old
'one-eye' Swope, his Baron and his chopper.

P.S.
My 235 Pawnee often used a 600 foot CURVED strip with
30 ft power lines on one end and fence at the other.
Normal landing was over the power lines.

BFD, Latchless Larry, BFD.

Barnyard BOb -- 20/20 hindsight
Old August 13th 03, 05:55 PM
Larry Smith

"Boneyard BOob --" wrote in message
news
homo erectus and failed procurer of aircraft canopy

He don't know what that means, ol' waddling quadruped with the fragmented
harness. But it sounds good to him.

Old August 13th 03, 09:46 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Loser Latchless Larry"wrote:

"Boneyard BOob --" wrote in message
news
homo erectus and failed procurer of aircraft canopy

He don't know what that means, ol' waddling quadruped with the fragmented
harness. But it sounds good to him.

You're a hoot, nose picker.

When I'm 'quadruple' your age....
I'll never be as lame as you are now.