New: "Everybody's First Gliding Book!" / Bob Wander

Old March 20th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New: "Everybody's First Gliding Book!" / Bob Wander

New: "Everybody's First Gliding Book!" / Bob Wander / Commercial
From: Bob Wander / Soaring Books & Supplies / Minneapolis MN USA
Date: March 21, 2008
To: rec.aviation.soaring usenet newsgroup
New book "Everybody's First Gliding Book!" by Bob Wander

Hi All,
Everybody's First Gliding Book! ($14.95 retail price) is the latest
(and largest!) book in my long-established Gliding...Made Easy!
series, now numbering 14 volumes in all.

Everybody's First Gliding Book! answers the questions that newcomers
ask when they discover the world of soaring. It is a comprehensive
book, with well over one hundred large-format pages. There is nothing
else like it in print and I am excited to publish it.

Details: 112 large-format pages. The 45 articles that comprise
Everybody's First Gliding Book! answer the questions that newcomers
want to have authoritative answers for. See for yourself:
"Can an ordinary person like me learn to fly gliders?"
"Where can I go to learn to fly gliders?"
"How many lessons will it take for me to go solo the glider for the
first time?"
"How much will it cost to get to solo standard in a glider?"
"What risks am I undertaking if I learn to fly?"
"What are the medical requirements to become a glider pilot?"
"I am an airplane pilot. Will my airplane skills help me in glider
flight training?"
"If I get airsick, what can I do about it? Does it mean that I cannot
learn to fly?"
"Are there national standards for glider pilot training? If so, where
are they found?"
"What tests do I have to take to become a glider pilot?"
"What books and materials will help me to learn to fly? Where can I
buy them?"
"Does the FAA know about this glider thing? Does the FAA set training
standards?"
"Are gliders maintained as carefully as airplanes are required to be
maintained?"
And many more...
Much more information is available on the homepage of www.bobwander.com.
Just click on the rainbow-colored book cover, then click on "More
Info" button.

Quantity orders [3 or more copies per order] placed before May 1, 2008
will incur no shipping charges when shipped within the fifty states of
the USA (and yes, that DOES include Alaska and Hawaii). When you
place your quantity order, please enter EFGB in the Promotion Code box
as you prepare to Check Out. I will subtract shipping charges when I
ship your order.

Quantity Discount available on orders of 20 copies or more within the
USA. Please inquire.
Thanks for reading.
Posted by Bob Wander
-End
Old March 22nd 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Bob, Please send me ten (10) copies and an invoice.

Another brilliant book by Mr. Wander filling an obvious need for
information.

Burt Compton
Marfa, Texas
USA