We Are All Spaniards

Old March 14th 04, 04:01 PM
Jay Honeck

We are all Spaniards today.

Well, Jay -- your post succeeded in one thing. It brought all the usual
apologists for terrorism out of the woodwork.

I guess there are plenty of people even on this news group who somehow

think
terrorism is justified if it opposes the United States or its allies.

No, just a few misguided souls.

America will stand with Spain, and our other allies, in this bizarre
religious/fascist war. I suspect my children will be fighting these stupid
*******s for a long time to come, but eventually freedom will win out over
oppression.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 16th 04, 01:55 PM
Richard Russell

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:01:02 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

We are all Spaniards today.

Well, Jay -- your post succeeded in one thing. It brought all the usual
apologists for terrorism out of the woodwork.

I guess there are plenty of people even on this news group who somehow

think
terrorism is justified if it opposes the United States or its allies.

No, just a few misguided souls.

America will stand with Spain, and our other allies, in this bizarre
religious/fascist war. I suspect my children will be fighting these stupid
*******s for a long time to come, but eventually freedom will win out over
oppression.

Think I'll fly today. Oops, sorry, I thought this was rec.avaiation.
Rich Russell
Old March 16th 04, 08:14 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:2l%4c.11577$1p.211085@attbi_s54...
America will stand with Spain, and our other allies, in this bizarre
religious/fascist war.

You know, it is that "and our other allies" part that bothers me. The
infamous "either you are with us, or you are against us" BS. Reality
is rarely black and white. Zapatero said he will withdraw his forces
from Irak. Will you stand with Spain after that? Will the victims
still deserve your sympathy? Or will the mother of that student who
was blown to bits become your instant enemy?

I suspect my children will be fighting these stupid
*******s for a long time to come, but eventually freedom will win out over
oppression.

I hope so. What I don't know, is whose freedom will eventually win.
Old March 18th 04, 01:25 AM
Jay Honeck

You know, it is that "and our other allies" part that bothers me. The
infamous "either you are with us, or you are against us" BS. Reality
is rarely black and white. Zapatero said he will withdraw his forces
from Irak. Will you stand with Spain after that? Will the victims
still deserve your sympathy? Or will the mother of that student who
was blown to bits become your instant enemy?

Welcome to the world. The Islamofascists leave little wiggle room on this
subject.

As far as I'm concerned, the victims will always deserve our sympathy. All
the more so after their government ceases to be our ally.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 18th 04, 07:35 PM
Alex

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:xU66c.32731$1p.498199@attbi_s54...
You know, it is that "and our other allies" part that bothers me. The
infamous "either you are with us, or you are against us" BS. Reality
is rarely black and white. Zapatero said he will withdraw his forces
from Irak. Will you stand with Spain after that? Will the victims
still deserve your sympathy? Or will the mother of that student who
was blown to bits become your instant enemy?

Welcome to the world. The Islamofascists leave little wiggle room on this
subject.

Sorry, I lost you here...

As far as I'm concerned, the victims will always deserve our sympathy. All
the more so after their government ceases to be our ally.

Ok, I'm glad you think that way.
Old March 20th 04, 12:18 AM
pacplyer

(Alex) wrote

I hope so. What I don't know, is whose freedom will eventually win.

pac sez:

Yes, this is the question. Do the ragheads have the freedom to be
left alone in their own countries in their own caves to torture
victims, rape women, burn books and kill media reporters? Not if our
bleeding heart liberals and lawyers have anything to say about it.
This is more than just a fight about religion. It's a fight about
keeping Western ideas out of the new "iron/sand" curtain of Islam. Al
Quieda is just using religion to add steam to the jihad. It's also a
fight about pussy. Over here you essentially have to buy it; over
there you grab it and make it afraid of you. If that doesn't work,
relax, you'll get more virgins than you know what to do with when you
die. It's also a fight against the "haves." International
corporations have been screwing those peasants for years by exploiting
labor for a dollar a day without offering any employment benifits
whatsoever. But don't feel exploited by the U.S. and it's
unscrupulous captains of international industry (like Cheney.) You
can always quit your job and move into the sand. Tyranny was a lot
worse in the Brittish and Roman Empires. You didn't get any choice
there.

What I don't understand is why are we wasting money rebuilding Iraq?
We're just going to have to go back and bomb it in a few years from
now anyway. Those Bathist control freaks are just fading into the
crowd until we leave. The day we're gone, they'll pop out of the
woodwork, burn US flags and crank up the mass grave backhoes again.

Freedom Alex, is exactly what the sole remaining superpower says it
is. Unlike most Americans, I don't believe that everyone deserves it.
I think a population has to be brave enough to overthrow their own
despots. I think Jay is right about random bombers. Kill them all.
Issue a new deck of terrorist cards and make those cards redeemable
for large amounts of compensation when they are returned along with
said terrrorist's head in a sack.

The rest of the world hates us anyway because we have a very high
standard of living here and we are truely free to enjoy life, liberty,
and the pursuit of flying little airplanes. I shutter to think what
would happen to me if I wrote the above in downtown Tehran. (which is
the next place we need to take off the map.)

pacplyer - out
Old March 20th 04, 12:09 PM
Martin Hotze

On 19 Mar 2004 16:18:08 -0800, pacplyer wrote:

Freedom Alex, is exactly what the sole remaining superpower says it
is. Unlike most Americans, I don't believe that everyone deserves it.

Freedom has to be earned.

I think a population has to be brave enough to overthrow their own
despots. I think Jay is right about random bombers. Kill them all.
Issue a new deck of terrorist cards and make those cards redeemable
for large amounts of compensation when they are returned along with
said terrrorist's head in a sack.

well, and who makes the list and who makes one a terrorist? CIA? FBI? NATO?
EU? Vatican? The mayor of Otumba, IO?

#m
--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire
Old March 20th 04, 12:11 PM
Martin Hotze

On 19 Mar 2004 16:18:08 -0800, pacplyer wrote:

The rest of the world hates us anyway because we have a very high
standard of living here

thre are many countries with a higher standard.

and we are truely free to enjoy life, liberty,
and the pursuit of flying little airplanes.

true

I shutter to think what
would happen to me if I wrote the above in downtown Tehran.

you would not make many friends.

(which is
the next place we need to take off the map.)

says who? and why should one wonder if some guy in Teheran thinks the same
about NY?

#m

Old March 21st 04, 02:03 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , pacplyer wrote:
The rest of the world hates us anyway because we have a very high
standard of living here and we are truely free to enjoy life, liberty,
and the pursuit of flying little airplanes.

Ummm, speaking as a member of "the rest of the world", I don't hate the
US. Quite the contrary.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old March 22nd 04, 08:27 PM
Alex

(pacplyer) wrote in message . com...

What I don't understand is why are we wasting money rebuilding Iraq?

Your "honorable" government members are making money with it like
noone has seen before. Which is, probably, one of the main motives for
the invasion.

We're just going to have to go back and bomb it in a few years from
now anyway.

Sure, greed never ends.

... I think Jay is right about random bombers. Kill them all.
Issue a new deck of terrorist cards and make those cards redeemable
for large amounts of compensation when they are returned along with
said terrrorist's head in a sack.

Israel is following your advice quite well. Do you think Israel can
sit back and relax now? How many more inocent victims will this
assasination have caused?

The rest of the world hates us anyway because we have a very high
standard of living here and we are truely free to enjoy life, liberty,
and the pursuit of flying little airplanes.

Jeez, how vain can you be?! People enjoy life and freedom outside of
the US too, you know? More freedom I think; their governments aren't
all over their wherabouts.

Seriously, though: I don't think people in the world *hate* the US;
only their actions regarding foreign policy. There is much to be
admired from the US, and a lot to be despised.

I, for one, watched amazed how Bush threw incredibly feeble excuses
and lies to an astonishingly gullible public after 9/11. Noone I know
could believe how stupid Mr. Bush had to be to think he could go away
with such blatant lies. Yet he did... I feel truly sorry for the
people who can't see beyond the propaganda machine, as obvious as it
is. But I know there are a lot of people in the US who can see beyond,
and a lot of very brave people who openly state their opposition. I
feel sad because we are all victims of a lunatic who reached power
through electoral fraud (which, in the US, is the ultimate irony) and
is driving the world to a nightmare only to satisfy his and his
friend's greed. That, and having the support of their gullible
followers, who really believe Iraq was invaded because of Saddam or,
worst yet, because of WMD or, worst even, because of some link with
Al-Qaeda, is the saddest thing in the world.