Idea to prevent plane hijack

Old May 24th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Idea to prevent plane hijack

Separate cockpit and passengers by wall with no door, no window, just
plane wall. No mechanism of communication whatsover with cockpit from
passenger area. That will discourage hijacker because whatever he do,
pilot will not know.

When terrorists know that even flight staff can not talk to pilot, it
is futile to attempt hijack.

Old May 24th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

And you think a situation where the flight staff can't communicate with
the cockpit is a good thing, eh?

AJ

Old May 24th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 24 May 2006 06:33:22 -0700, "neo" wrote in
.com::

That will discourage hijacker because whatever he do,
pilot will not know.

The pilot won't know unless the potential hijacker uses his cell phone
to communicate with the airline with a threat of executing a flight
attendant in the cabin.
Old May 24th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Per neo:
That will discourage hijacker

Am I the only one that thinks skyjacking of passenger planes is a moot issue
until somebody figures out a way to disable the passengers before attempting to
take over the cockpit?

Seems to me like 9-11 depended on the assumption that hijackers were not
suicidal. People were thinking in terms of threats/rewards.... ransom, freeing
prisoners, and so-forth.... Ultimately in the self-preservation of the
perpetrators - not using the aircraft as a guided missile.

After the Twin Towers got hit it took how long.... 45 minutes? for the
passengers in the plane that went down in Pennsylvania to catch on.

Seems like now that knowledge is embedded in the flying public's mind and
anybody who tries to take over a plane would have to overcome the resistance of
passengers who know their lives are on the line.
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 24th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Why not just require one of these actions...
All passengers must fly NUDE.

All passengers must have a 15 day background check and spend
3 days in quarantine before each flight or series of
flights.

All passengers must be armed with a .38 or .45 revolver or
semi-automatic 99 mm - 13 mm) and the passenger briefing
will go like this...
Good morning Mr. Atta, your seat is 14C, do you have your
gun?
No, just our box cutters.
Here is a selection of guns, do you want a 38 or 45?
Everybody has one. Just take a gun and a seat...
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, [seat belt, o2 briefing].
Everybody is armed and has 6 shots, just stay in your seats
and don't cause any trouble. If anybody tries to cause
trouble, just shoot them. Have a nice flight on Second
Amendment Airlines.

BTW, consider a western movie... the town character hobbles
to the sheriff's office, Mr. Dillon, the outlaws are going
to rob the stage just out side of town, what shall we do?
If this answer was given, no matter where in the world, the
audience would laugh, Take the guns away from the
passengers to avoid violence.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

oups.com...

Old May 24th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

neo wrote:
When terrorists know that even flight staff can not talk to pilot, it
is futile to attempt hijack.

Sounds nice but there are still ways to bring down a plane without
breaching the cockpit... especially where the perps have no concern
for their own life or even expect to glorified by killing themselves
and others.
Old May 24th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:
On 24 May 2006 06:33:22 -0700, "neo" wrote in
s.com::

That will discourage hijacker because whatever he do,
pilot will not know.

The pilot won't know unless the potential hijacker uses his cell phone
to communicate with the airline with a threat of executing a flight
attendant in the cabin.

No can do. All the cell phones were turned off before the flight took
off, per the safety briefing.

Old May 24th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:

Why not just require one of these actions...
All passengers must fly NUDE.

The required amount of airsickness bags on each flight would then have to
increase exponentially.

--
Peter
Old May 24th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:

Why not just require one of these actions...
All passengers must fly NUDE.

The prospect of having to sit next to (much less *look* at)
certain people NAKED is enough cause serious anguish and risk
to health. 8^o
Old May 24th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Am I the only one that thinks skyjacking of passenger planes is a moot issue
until somebody figures out a way to disable the passengers before attempting to
take over the cockpit?

I agree completely. I think the era of the 'skyjack' is over. There
are much easier unguarded targets that are equally effective, i.e.
subway tunnels, bridges and tunnels in rush hour, ferries. A
coodinated suicide attack on 10 targets would be equally as effective.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada

PS Hello Echelon