The ideal Christmas gift

Old December 5th 14, 07:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default The ideal Christmas gift

On Monday, December 13, 2010 8:02:33 AM UTC-8, bumper wrote:
For your glider friends: inexpensive, used often, and appreciated.
The MKIV yaw string, with it's clear tubulator base, is one of the
least expensive "right up front" toys you can buy for a glider! Just
$12 USD, free shipping to US and only $1 international shipping.

bumper
zz
Minden, NV
for more info or to order: bumperjm at g mail dot com

An old thread (with some clever posts!) . . .

Price has increased a little over the years, at $15* the MKIV "high tech" yaw string remains one of the nicest inexpensive toys you can buy for your glider or give to your friends. The MKIV has been designed to fit unobtrusively in most Christmas cards and may increase their L/D.

* Free shipping to US, add $1 for international.

bumper
bumperjm at g mail d o t com

Old December 5th 14, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

so - here I am laughing out loud in my really quit office early in the morning - then I had to try to explain to 2 co workers what was so funny - Soaring in unique

Merry Christmas!

WH

Old December 5th 14, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, December 5, 2014 7:03:36 AM UTC-6, wrote:
so - here I am laughing out loud in my really quit office early in the morning - then I had to try to explain to 2 co workers what was so funny - Soaring in unique

Merry Christmas!

WH

When buying some MKIVs from Bumper years ago he convinced me not to go with the "natural fiber" that I wanted (wool) but to go synthetic. As a result, and thanks to my meticulous following of his page-long installation plan, my initial yellow yaw string is still yawing. Business advice to Bumper: go with something that gives the so admired 'frazzled look' after a year and needs to be replaced ever so often.
Herb, J7
Old December 5th 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Friday, December 5, 2014 8:03:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
so - here I am laughing out loud in my really quit office early in the morning - then I had to try to explain to 2 co workers what was so funny - Soaring in unique

Merry Christmas!

WH

Same here. Just spit a couple of ounces of Dunkin Donuts coffee on my laptop screen. Which leads to a new product opportunity for Bumper - The Mk1 screen squeegee. Available in desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone sizes. Compatible with most major moving map displays.

P3
Old December 6th 14, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Buyer bewa A few years ago Bumper advertised the MK-III at a discount to those who couldn't fit the fancy new MK-IV in their budget. I inquired if he was borrowing the "planned obsolescence" marketing scheme from the Big-3 auto makers of the 60's. After several hours of low tech interrogation techniques he finally confessed that this was a possibility. So be warned, this charlatan will do anything to peddle his goods.
~Barny

Merry Christmas Bumper!
Old December 6th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bumper: could you send me the MKIV calibrated for the Southern Hemisphere? Really don't want it indicating a slip when I'm really skidding;-)
Old December 6th 14, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Friday, December 5, 2014 6:25:35 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Bumper: could you send me the MKIV calibrated for the Southern Hemisphere? Really don't want it indicating a slip when I'm really skidding;-)

Of course you can send your MKIV in for a complete calibration for only $15.. This includes, gps battery replacement, internal clock reset, resealing, and testing in our wind tunnel to assure compliance with all applicable standards. As a service to our existing customers, a reboot can also be done in the field as explained below.

True, the MKIV, though rugged, is sensitive and will naturally take a "set" when used for long periods of time on just one side of the equator. This set is due to the polarity of the E-field and H-field and back as$ward Coriolis effect down there (or up there if you're already down there).

Note to Jim Payne: Don't worry about any of this until you head back "up there", I took the liberty pre-calibrating your MKIV's for down there in Argentina.

While it is possible to weaken the offending backwards fields by turning off the master switch, a more positive and entertaining method of rebooting the MKIV is to momentarily reverse polarity of your avionics battery connector (don't be alarmed, some sparking and a little smoke is acceptable and a good sign your battery is not dead). Note that the principle behind this fix is similar to turning off the master switch, only more positive and, um, "permanent". After this reboot, you may find your trusty MKIV is one of the few remaining instruments in your ship that still functions properly . . . a glowing testament to how truly rugged the MKIV is.

bumper

Old December 6th 14, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Friday, December 5, 2014 5:42:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Buyer bewa A few years ago Bumper advertised the MK-III at a discount to those who couldn't fit the fancy new MK-IV in their budget. I inquired if he was borrowing the "planned obsolescence" marketing scheme from the Big-3 auto makers of the 60's. After several hours of low tech interrogation techniques he finally confessed that this was a possibility. So be warned, this charlatan will do anything to peddle his goods.
~Barny

Merry Christmas Bumper!

"Charlatan" huh? You're still tweaked 'cause I convinced you the MKIV would double your L/D, aren't you?

bumper

Christmas gift Lou Piloting 16 December 1st 06 02:39 PM
Christmas Gift Reccomendation Request Casey Wilson Piloting 2 December 11th 04 02:10 AM
Windsocks Great Christmas gift ! GASSITT Aviation Marketplace 0 December 13th 03 03:37 PM
Windsocks, Great Christmas gift ! GASSITT General Aviation 0 December 3rd 03 02:31 PM
Windsocks, Great Christmas gift GASSITT Aviation Marketplace 0 November 23rd 03 02:18 AM