Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

Old June 26th 18, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 9:32:03 AM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 6:07:39 AM UTC-6, Tom wrote:
Once again the portion of RAS that makes me want to throw my phone or throw up my hands in disgust or just plain throw up rears up again. Terms being thrown around that are base at best, second guessing from the armchair and a blatant disrespect for the victim, family, friends, witnesses and others that have to deal with this.

It's not everyone for sure but the inflated egos, the insensitivity, the need to be right at all costs and the lack of humility from a few folks is pretty damn sad.

Gary - I'm so sorry. All one should say publicly right now is we are all so sorry.

For those on their soapboxes with no apparent social skills or filter - please think before you type. Practice empathy. I've read if one doesn't have empathy pretending actually works well and leads in some cases actual empathy.

There but for the grace of god goes I - I could screw up at anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Regards Tom

Well said, Tom. You hit it squarely on the head - thank you!
Uli
'AS'

Hey wise asses on RAS... You are effing wrong. When I got the news about Andy's demise from my wife (who was messaged from another wife) I sat and cried for my own personal loss as well as Andy's close friends including Gary. There ain't no lack of empathy here. I have now spoken with Gary, for what its worth. We talked about the pain and awfulness of it and we talked about Andy and the things that may have been factors in the accident. Gary is a man who does truly care about what might have been causes and how the same circumstance might be avoided in the future. If he was hair-trigger in his response online, he's hurting and I don't fault him. Only time heals this.
Old June 26th 18, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Sorry to hear that.
Watching it is even worse if you knew them.

Sucky for Soaring in the US the last month or so.

I left a voicemail a bit ago, condolences to you, the pilot, his family and anyone that knew him.
Sad day, regardless of the "why it happened".
Old June 27th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

If you’d like to see a video of Andy’s last launch, I posted it on my Facebook page. It’s all “public” so you don’t have to be a Facebook user to see it. Hit the like button and send me a friend request.

https://m.facebook.com/gary.boggs.54?ref=bookmarks

Boggs
Old June 27th 18, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Not public, wants a log in......
Old June 27th 18, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Watched it. Sad.
Old June 27th 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Still no way in for me. Thanks for the call.

Maybe my iPad using Safari.

I have no Facebook account.
Old June 27th 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Same here on a Windows PC, even if I change "m." to "www." which has helped in some other cases.
Old June 27th 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

https://www.facebook.com/gary.boggs....6865685024137/
Old June 27th 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Here’s the info for Andy’s funeral services:

The Visitation: Whitney and Murphy Funeral Home
4800 E. Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Friday June 29, 2018
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Funeral Mass: Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Church
4715 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012
Saturday June 30, 2018
3:00 p.m.
Old June 29th 18, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

My deepest condolences to the pilot and his friends.
I do have a question, does the video show a normal US preflight procedure? It seemed very casual to me.