ME+262 verses Sabre

Old March 21st 07, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Leslie

Default ME+262 verses Sabre

Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was faster
and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time of the
Korean war

Do you have sites that would shew this, have tried Google but no luck

Thanks in advance ...............Leslie

Old March 21st 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Leslie wrote:
Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was faster
and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time of the
Korean war

Do you have sites that would shew this, have tried Google but no luck

Thanks in advance ...............Leslie

Try and ask here, the web masters name is Henk.

www.supersabre.org
Old March 21st 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Sounds like nonsense to me, frankly.

Brian
Old March 22nd 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Waldo Pepper

It is nonsense the 262 was not as good as EITHER the Sabre or the
Mig-15. I rather believe that the P-80 would also be superior.

Sorry I think you're wrong there.

Waldo.

Old March 22nd 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jean-pierre

Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was
faster and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time
of the Korean war

Do you have sites that would shew this, have tried Google but no luck

Thanks in advance ...............Leslie

Hum hum, very doubtfull....

The couple Mig/Sabre were a génération ahead from the Me262 coupling the
technologycal progress from the 5 years gap between WW2 and Korean war and
"peace" manufacturing. It would be strange that these two new planes would
be inferior to their "common" ancestor.
I have not the exact performances in mind now but i can say :
- The raw 262 get an operationnal speed, a service ceiling, a Mach limit (
remember with no airbrakes ), a roll rate and an opérationnal readinness
inferior to the Mig/Sabre.
Maybe the turn rates could be comparable, but with an advantage for the
Mig/Sabre.
The 262 get only an clear advantage with his 4x30mm over the Sabre ( but dnt
forget that the 6x12,7mm of the Sabre have better balistic performances than
the MK103 of the 262 and were lethal over a fighter at normal combat range )
who was designed rather for dogfights than bombers destruction...
The 262 and the Mig designed for bombers interceptions ( the B29 and B36
were American planes... ) were closer in armement capabilities with maybe an
advantage for the german plane.

Regards

JP

Old March 23rd 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
News

"Leslie" escreveu na mensagem
Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was
faster and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time
of the Korean war

The only item in the 262 superior to the other 2 was the armament. In any
other aspect, it would have been far inferiror...

Old March 24th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
fannum

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:25:00 -0000, "News" wrote:

"Leslie" escreveu na mensagem
.. .
Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was
faster and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time
of the Korean war

The only item in the 262 superior to the other 2 was the armament. In any
other aspect, it would have been far inferiror...

I've flown Cougars against Furies, USN variant of Sabres and these
aircraft could be comparable ... We had a Luftwaffe exchange pilot in
early 60s flying our F9s, and he said the 262s were sadly lacking in
high speed manuverability, and their engines were terrible! Throttle
had to be advanced and retarded slowly, or it would stall and become
hard to restart. His assessment was the Me was great due to speed, but
having flown captured Allied craft, they were told NEVER to dogfight.
Plus, the 262 was prone to overstressing.

On engines alone, the P80 and Meteor would have been superior
according to Eric Brown.
Old March 24th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Leslie

Thank you all for your imput

...................Leslie

"fannum" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:25:00 -0000, "News" wrote:

"Leslie" escreveu na mensagem
. ..

Old March 28th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
fannum wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:25:00 -0000, "News" wrote:

"Leslie" escreveu na mensagem
.. .
Hello can you help

I am locked in argument with friends regards the above two aircraft

I believe and am quite sure that I read somewhere that the ME+62 was
faster and more manoeuvrable than both the Sabre and the MIG at the time
of the Korean war

The only item in the 262 superior to the other 2 was the armament. In any
other aspect, it would have been far inferiror...

I would have to concur. Neither the engines nor the airframe of the 262
were in the same league as either the MiG-15 non the F-86.

The F-86 could dive beyond Mach 1.0; the MiG could not, nor could the
Me-262. also, bothe MiG and F-86 had better service ceiling. Me-262
would be dead meat for both.

Adolph Galland considered the 262 superior to the Gloster Meteor and
about the same as a T-33, although the T-33 (essentially a 2-seat P-80)
had a far better engine.

Sabre Marta Aviation Photos 8 March 9th 07 10:35 PM
Homing verses Tracking John Bell Instrument Flight Rules 24 September 27th 04 02:54 PM
Homing verses Tracking John Bell Piloting 11 September 25th 04 08:36 PM
Bill Cliton verses Rush Limbaugh Transition Zone Military Aviation 14 November 20th 03 06:13 PM
More on the electric verses turbojet cdubya Soaring 8 September 25th 03 09:16 AM