Blue Angels Crash

Old April 21st 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MWB[_2_]

Default Blue Angels Crash

I just heard there was a crash in South Carolina.

Mark

Old April 21st 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

CNN says it was a single aircraft that hit pine trees and crashed. No word
on the pilot. The coroner says there is one deceased person. If it's a
member of the Blue Angels that will not be made public until after the
family has been notified. A person took seventy or so photos within minutes
of the aircraft striking trees across the street from his house. The photos
are being sent to CNN.

Everyone in Pensacola is watching tv right now, Tom

Old April 21st 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MWB[_2_]

Tom,

FOX is reporting it was the 6 plane.

Sad day

Mark

Old April 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

We don't have any news here about the casualty.

Here is a photo of LCDR Kevin Davis, Opposing Solo, aircraft #6 as he taxied
out for the practice session on 17 April 2007.

"MWB" wrote in message
Tom,

FOX is reporting it was the 6 plane.

Sad day

Mark

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7219T.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	401.1 KB
ID:	10316
Old April 21st 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MWB[_2_]

Beautiful shot Tom.

When I heard about this, you were the first person I thought of. Your photos
are great.

Mark

Old April 22nd 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gal.03.blue.angel.irpt.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	10365
Old April 22nd 07, 07:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

This picture came from the CNN web site. They have other pictures and
interviews.

Old April 22nd 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"MWB" wrote in news:462a8925$0$17174
:

Tom,

FOX is reporting it was the 6 plane.

Sad day

Mark

Our sympathies and thoughts are for his family and team mates
Old April 23rd 07, 03:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

According to the news last night, this was his first performance. Being
retired military, my heart goes out to him and his family. "God Speed"

Old April 23rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"J.F." wrote in news:mq3Xh.3778$rO7.1205
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

According to the news last night, this was his first performance. Being
retired military, my heart goes out to him and his family. "God Speed"

I have been following this story and had not heard that although I know it
was his first season as a performing pilot Previously he had been the show
narrator and did celeb and vip flights