I had 2 DUI's about 6 years ago, is it realistic for me to become a commercial pilot?

Old July 8th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default I had 2 DUI's about 6 years ago, is it realistic for me to become a commercial pilot?

Old July 8th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
I personally happen to know someone who was cited twice for
this because she was the designated driver, and the fool she was taking
home left an open bottle of alcohol in her back seat.

Yet, she never had a sip.

How can you be charged with a DUI with a blood alcohol of zero? She was guilty
of having an open container; not DUI.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old July 8th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 05:03:17 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
I personally happen to know someone who was cited twice for
this because she was the designated driver, and the fool she was taking
home left an open bottle of alcohol in her back seat.

Yet, she never had a sip.

How can you be charged with a DUI with a blood alcohol of zero? She was guilty
of having an open container; not DUI.

That has to be total BS, or there is more to the story.

Did this person actually bother to get a real lawyer and fight the
charges?

Were they "convicted" or "cited"?

Were they under the influence of something else, like a prescription
drug, that prevented them from passing a sobriety test?

Twice?

Old July 8th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

He is not a pilot, physician, or AME. He has absolutely no idea what the FAA
will think about this individual's application.

Old July 8th 07, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Life is very seldom black and white, which is about all you seem
capable of understanding.

In matters of safety, sometimes it is necessary to reduce the shades of gray
to black and white, and then make a decision.
Old July 8th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

Since you are not a pilot, do not hold a medical, are not an AME, and do not
represent the FAA, no one cares about your opinion.

Old July 8th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
El Maximo

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
Since you are not a pilot, do not hold a medical, are not an AME, and do
not represent the FAA, no one cares about your opinion.

Before the normal inane response: Viperdoc also speaks my opinion on this
subject.