Buying charts

Old February 21st 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Buying charts

What on-line location are people using to buy charts (FAA IFR and VFR)?
I've used airsource1.com for the last several years but I see
vrotate.com seems to have better prices.

-Robert

Old February 21st 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

ups.com...

http://www.myairplane.com/

Old February 21st 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I wasn't able to find where to buy charts from myairplane.com. It looks
like they just have downloadable approach plates. I can already
download plates from AOPA. However, I wouldn't launch on an IFR cross
country without the actual approach booklet in the back, just in case
plans changes and my downloaded plates end up not being where I decide
to land.

-Robert

Old February 21st 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

For my folded paper charts, I use http://www.mypilotstore.com, but am
switching to NACO for the other products because of shipping costs.
MyPilotStore.com does not charge any shipping on folded paper charts
(ie, sectionals), but any of the bound/loose-leaf charting publications
have at least $3.95 shipping.

Question for you all: Does NACO charge for shipping on items like the
AF/D or Terminal Procedures Publications (TPP)?

Chris

Old February 21st 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I just ran a quick comparison
==============VROTATE===========
WCH22 CH-22 WAC 1
$6.25 $6.25
SLA LOS ANGELES Sectional 1
$6.25 $6.25
L-SW2 SW-2 Looseleaf Terminal Procedures 1
$3.75 $3.75
ELUS1 L-1/2 IFR Low Altitude Enroute Chart 1
$3.70 $3.70

===========mypilotstore.com=========
LOS ANGELES Sectional Chart $7.25
SW-2 Terminal Procedures Publications $4.15
L-1/2 IFR Low Altitude Enroute Chart $4.00
CH-22 World Aeronautical Chart $7.25

However, vrotate charges California sales tax and mypilotstore.com does
not.

-Robert

Old February 21st 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message ups.com...
What on-line location are people using to buy charts (FAA IFR and VFR)?
I've used airsource1.com for the last several years but I see
vrotate.com seems to have better prices.

-Robert

Best prices I've seen are he
http://72.25.7.203/ItemMatrix.asp?CartId={924CA47D-ABE3-4ECE-EVEREST8A29-ADC1E84006E8}&GroupCode=Sectionalsm&MatrixType=1

Old February 22nd 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just ran a quick comparison
==============VROTATE===========
WCH22 CH-22 WAC 1
$6.25 $6.25
SLA LOS ANGELES Sectional 1
$6.25 $6.25
L-SW2 SW-2 Looseleaf Terminal Procedures 1
$3.75 $3.75
ELUS1 L-1/2 IFR Low Altitude Enroute Chart 1
$3.70 $3.70

===========mypilotstore.com=========
LOS ANGELES Sectional Chart $7.25
SW-2 Terminal Procedures Publications $4.15
L-1/2 IFR Low Altitude Enroute Chart $4.00
CH-22 World Aeronautical Chart $7.25

However, vrotate charges California sales tax and mypilotstore.com does
not.

What's the total charge with shipping?

--
Matt
---------------------

Old February 22nd 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I use Sporty's for IFR and VFR charts and approach plates. Easy,
payments as received and alot less filing than the Jepps that I had.
Plus, I may win a plane sometime. Hasn't happened yet.

Old February 22nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Ross Richardson wrote:

Plus, I may win a plane sometime. Hasn't happened yet.

Sporty's should be happy to know that this ongoing marketing campaign is
working exactly as they had hoped.

--
Peter